(No) Lie Thirty One : Do you love him?

Yoongi sat on his living room couch with a bored expression, his mother sitting across from him apprehensively.

"Did you pull me out of school so we can just sit in an awkward silence, or?" Yoongi inquired, he would have been in his seventh period at the moment.

Ms. Min took a deep breath, staring at her son who resembled her more than he would ever notice, "I thought about what you said to me," she began, peaking Yoongi's interest, "I thought about it a lot."

"And?" Yoongi pushed, wanting his mother to speak. He wanted his words to affect her, he wanted his mother to change for the better, he wanted her to realize the damage she has done to him and the damage she did to his brother.

She broke eye contact with him as she said, "and I don't want to have an awful relationship with the only son I have left. I want to say i'm sorry, for everything i-i've done to you, everything I did to GeumJae." His mother was already crying, tears were streaming down her face. No scars appearing on her body because she meant what she was saying.

After Yoongi had walked away from her she cried, she cried more than she ever thought she could. She thought about her dead son, her first boy who she pushed to the point of death, and the one that was still living in her home, the one that was still alive. She could never get GeumJae back, she could never fix what she did to her first born. But maybe, hopefully, she could fix her relationship with Yoongi. Songhee knew it was long overdue, but she wanted to try.

Yoongi would be lying if he said his heart didn't ache the slightest bit, she was his mother afterall. He never in a million years thought he'd get an apology from her, a sincere one too.

He didn't move to comfort her, because he didn't want too, what he wanted was an explanation. He wanted to know why his mother was the way she was, because he knew she didn't just wake up one day and decide to torture her sons. "Why?" he asked, Songhee already knowing he'd want an explanation.

After everything, he deserved one.

She blew her nose and wiped her tears with a tissue before speaking, "When I was young I had many scars, mainly concentrated on my arms and upper chest," she confessed, which took Yoongi completely by surprise.

His mother, Min Songhee, the woman who would want to puke even seeing seven scars on a person, had multiple scars once? Now this, was a huge surprise.

"Then why the hell were you so strict on me and GeumJae? Isn't that being a hypocrite?" Yoongi asked, which caused his mother to sigh as she gave him a look.

"Let me explan, Yoongi," she told him and he nodded as he took a deep breath, "I was bullied, criticised, even beat up for the scars I had. When I was young having many scars was seen as nasty, sinful, disgusting, not like now in society where people accept them more. My parents hated them, so they would yell at me and threaten me. So, this scarred me for the rest of my life. I made up for most of my scars, but still had a lot, so I had a procedure done to make my skin cover them when I was old enough. I vowed to never have my children go through what I did, and while trying to protect you and GeumJae I didn't realize I became the bully, I became my parents." tears welled up in his mothers eyes, he couldn't imagine how hard it must be for her to talk about this.

Even if she wanted to breakdown and cry her heart to pieces, she continued, "After GeumJae dyed your father and I's relationship went down hill. He blamed me, which I understood, and he refused to speak to me. Our relationship still isn't the same as before, we were happy, and I guess that made me angrier and I took it out on you without realizing it." Songhee bit her bottom lip lightly, at this moment Yoongi's phone vibrated but he was to invested in what his mother was saying to look at the notification, she made eyecontact with Yoongi, "I was mad at GeumJae, if i'm being frank. I hated that he killed himself, because he didn't realize how that would affect everyone around him. Of course, I sound like an asshole for saying this but that's how I felt. Which is why I didn't change my ways, why I was so hard on you when you didn't do anything. I'm sorry for being an awful mother, Yoongi."