Chapter 74

Last Chapter:

(Y/N) Pov:

I said: "Yeah... And I'm sorry for that, I just couldn't think of any other way to defeat you. You're quite strong, ya know." "I sure am. And I'm pissed for not being able to beat his ass." "I'm sorry..." "Stop apologizing. You just did what you had to do. But what're you going to do now? Are you just going to fight him or..." He stopped as I hugged him, saying: "I've no clue! What should I do? Please! Tell me!" He was silent for a moment. "Please... I don't know what to do..." He sighed and said: "I can't tell you what you should do. But I can tell you what I would've done." I looked up at him and waited for him to continue. "I would've beaten the shit out of him!" I sighed again and said: "That's it. I can't. It's hard to explain, but-" He cut me off: "I know. How'd you think I felt with the fact that I had to fight you?" "Sorry... It's my fault. I-I messed up... And now-" "Don't you dare start crying now." He hugged me and said: "You've done nothing wrong. If anything, it was my fault for losing. Now, get your shit together and give it your all. Understood?" I smiled and nodded, saying: "I will! Thanks!" With that, it was my time to go to the final round.

Now:

(Y/N) Pov:

I took a deep breathe before entering 'the stage'. My knees were shaking, but I tried to play it off. I took my place and immediately locked eyes with Shouto. I smiled awkwardly at him and rubbed the back of my head. Then, the flames of the arena started burning and Mic-Sensei yelled: "It's finally the last battle of the UA Highschool Sports Festival! The top of the first years will be decided with this one match! The final, so to speak! From the Hero course, Shouto Todoroki! Versus-- Also from the Hero course, (Y/N) (L/N)!" The crowd cheered wildly. Oh man... Wish me luck! "Now-- Start!" I got into fighting stance, but none of us moved. I asked: "Don't want to start?" He didn't answer. I sighed and said: "I'm strong, too, ya know! So don't you dare hold back!" He looked at me with a blank expression, but I can tell that it hurts him. I really don't want to fight him. But... I took another deep breathe and said: "I'm ready. Bring it on." Then, without any further hesitation, he started the fight by slamming his right hand on the ground, creating a mountain of ice. It's not a mauntain, but it sure is a lot of ice. You got this! I quickly used my right arm to create flames that would melt his ice. It worked quite good for the start, but didn't last long enough. I completely ignored Mic-Sensei as I was trapped in ice. I-It's cold... And I can't move... I don't like this at all... It completely froze me. "Don't you dare give up after making it this far! I'm here, ya know!" My eyes widened to the sound of that voice. "H-Huh...? But..." "Now, win this!" Tears started to form in my eyes. I completely concentrated on the ice. I can do it! I forced the ice to release me and attack back. "She used Todorokis ice to attack him?!" I was breathing heavily, but kept my concentration. Shouto was surprised, but attacked again. He completely froze me again. But this time, I released a high voltage that mellted the ice completely. Without losing any time, I used wind to support me and rushed towards him. As sson as I was near enough, I used my fire to attack him. He blocked with ice, but it melted, of course. I then used air to send him flying. He, of course, stopped himself from flying out of bonds with his ice. I then stormed towards him, moving faster every second. I can't lose. Not now. Not when he's... My attack failed and he got a hold of me. That's his... His left side! I closed my eyes in fear. However, I felt no pain. Instead of using his left side, he threw me away. I made rather hard impact with the ground and grunted. As soon as I looked up, I asked: "Why...?" He just continued to look at me. "Why? Why didn't you...? Wait." I stood up and stared directly into his eyes. "Am I... Am I not worth it..." I said it quite, but I'm sure he heard me. I then slammed both of my hands on the ground. First, I covered the whole floor with ice, then, I trapped him within walls of stone. Next, I made ranks thatcovered the whole walls. I held my right arm in pain. It already hurts this much... Suddenly, I got an idea. Probably stupid, but worth it anytime. I destroyed the walls with the ranks and let him out. He was clearly surprised, but I kept a straight face. He was about to say something, but I immediately ran towards him. Please work out, plan! I sweapt my left arm towards him and created a good amount of water that completely covered him. I then ran as close to him as I could and activated electricity. Right before it hit him, he created a pillar of ice and dodged my attack. I gasped as I felt pain in my leg. I soon realized what it was. My own Quirk. He took advantage of my own Quirks side effects. I sompletely forgot those... Damn it! I stood up, but immediately fell back down. "Is this it? Is this fight over?" asked Mic-Sensei.

3rd Person Pov:

The crowd was dangerously silent. "This doesn't look good..." said Uraraka. Midoriya said: "Yeah. At this rate..." He then shook his head, smiled and said: "No. She's a Hero. Even though she doesn't know what her words meant to me... I-I'm grateful. She's a Hero. That means she can't lose." Uraraka looked at him and said: "Yeah. You're right." They then went back to watching the fight.