8

Y/n's POV:

It's the day after the whole incident with Daniel and I looked like a wreck. Bruises around my wrists were formed, my eyes were swollen from the amount of crying I had done. I was just thankful that I did not have a huge bruise on my cheek.

Every time I closed my eyes, I saw the face that Daniel had that day. I felt the connection that his hand had with my cheek in that moment. I could remember everything. From the moment that my own tears stung as they rolled down my cheeks after he hit me. After Daniel hit me. After the love of my life hit me. Me.

I rolled over in bed seeing that Daniel hasn't returned from his shift from the firehouse, so it was just me at home. I got up and dressed for the day that I eventually had to face. I pulled down the sleeves of my shirt to cover the bruises on my wrists. All I needed was to have someone see what had happened. I swore to myself that I wouldn't let anyone know. I didn't want them to see what I caused. I didn't want them to see that side of Daniel because I knew that he didn't mean to do it. It was only the alcohol talking. He would never do it again.

In the midst of my daydreaming in the living room, I heard the doorbell ring. I quickly got up and looked through the peephole. I couldn't believe what I saw. I swung the door open, "Oh my god! What are you guys doing here?" I looked at Jemma and Janiya standing right it front of me. "I did say I was coming back in town! I figured I would bring a little surprise as well!" Jemma motioned to Janiya standing beside her. "Come in. Come in." I stepped aside letting them in, closing the door.

"I missed you guys so much." I hugged them both. "We missed you too." Janiya said. Without knowing that I was, I started crying. I truly did miss these two. They stood by me in high school when I thought my world was crashing down. When I thought God was putting everyone against me. "Y/n, are you okay?" They pulled from the hug looking at me. I shook my head, "No, I'm not." I wiped my eyes as we went to the living room and sat down. "I want to tell you guys, but I can't." I said sobbing placing my head in my hands.

"Y/n, you look like hell. You are going to tell us." Janiya said sitting beside me starting to rub my back. "I-I c-can't." I got up but was stopped by Janiya grabbing my wrist. I winced and pulled it away from her, rubbing it as an attempt to soothe the pain I had. Jemma got up and took my arm pulling my sleeve up. Shit. I heard them both gasp. Jemma grabbed my other wrist and did the same. "You need to tell us what happened now." Jemma looked at me sternly. I sighed and sat down between the two of them. I began to tell them everything that happened to me in the last couple days...

Grayson POV:

"Woah, I think I have a headache from that meeting." I said as Ethan and I walked outside of the building. "Do we have anything else we have to do?" I looked at the email from our manager, "No we don't." I said. "Well, I guess we can head back to the hotel?" I unlocked the rental car and we got in.

Five minutes into our drive, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pulled it out and saw that it was Cameron calling. I pressed accept and put it on speaker before placing it on the dashboard. "What's up Cam?" I asked just loud enough keeping my eyes on the road. "Hey, can Ethan hear me too?" She asked as Ethan and I looked at each other confused. "Yeah, I'm right here." He said.

"Okay good. So, I think something is up with y/n. I haven't seen her at all. She hasn't left her house. She hasn't called me or come over. Her mom hasn't heard from her either. Plus, her Instagram post yesterday. Somethings wrong I can feel it." Cameron said.

"Maybe she's busy? She is planning for a wedding..." I said. "No, no, I don't think so. I haven't seen her out of the house at all. She usually likes to go over to her parents house and sometimes go for runs. Plus, Jemma and Janiya are back in town and she didn't tell me about it. She knows that they're my friends too. I don't know, everything just seems very suspicious." She said through the phone.

"Well have you gone over there to see if she's okay?" Ethan asked. "Yes I have. There was no answer. She's not at work because she has the next three days off, she told me a couple of days ago. I have a gut feeling something isn't right at all." I looked at Ethan, he looked worried.

"I'm gonna call her right now." Ethan said. He did as said and it went straight to voicemail. He did it again, voicemail again. "She's not answering." Ethan said getting worried. I glanced over and saw that he was typing away, sending multiple messages to her. One after another. "Cameron go over there and check on her again NOW." Ethan said with a loud tone to his voice. "I'm already walking on over. I'll call you guys and tell you if she's okay." She hung up the phone call.

"I hope she's okay." Ethan said as I pulled into our hotel. "E, I'm sure she's fine. She's probably just busy with the wedding." I insisted parking. "Yeah I forgot, the wedding..." He said unenthusiastically.

I could tell that it was bothering him that he didn't know if she was alright. I mean, she's probably just spending her day planning for the wedding. She must be up to her ears in work for it. She's got to be okay, right?