21

Ethan's POV:

"Shh, it's alright. I'm here. I'm not going anywhere. Not going anywhere anytime soon." I reassured her as I held her close. I heard Cameron call after Grayson. It wasn't a surprise that he acted the way that he did and stormed out like that. He and I were always very protective of Y/n since childhood. I saw Cameron come over to me and Y/n. Y/n noticed that she was by us and let go of me.

"Where did he go?" Y/n asked. Cameron shrugged, "I have no clue and I'm honestly kind of scared." Cameron said. "Someone has to go find him." Y/n said. "I-I have to go find him." She repeated. I shook my head at her. "You're not going anywhere. Cameron can go find him and I can stay here with you." I said looking down at her. She nodded.

"Cameron, track his phone on find my iPhone. Try to find him before he does something. He may or may not do something." I said, knowing damn well that when Grayson was pissed he wasn't someone to mess with. He is on a warpath.

Eventually, Cameron left leaving just Y/n and I at her house. I watched as she travelled to the couch and curled herself up in a blanket. The sight of her killed me. She was a mess. She was torn apart. She wasn't the same.

"Come here." I said walking up to her a scooping her up in my arms making her gasp. "Ethan, what are you doing?" She asked as she slung an arm around my neck to keep her supported as I held her bridal style.

"Just relax. Everything's gonna be okay." I reassured her. I walked her to her bedroom and placed her on the bed. Going to the connected bathroom, I grabbed her bathrobe to give to her. "Here. Change out of your clothes and into this." I said with a half smile to try to help her feel some what better. She nodded and took it from me as I left back to the bathroom.

I turned on the water for the bathtub and changed the water to just right. It wasn't too cold, it wasn't too hot. I grabbed the lighter that she kept beside the candle on the edge of the bathtub and lit it. Placing it at the foot of the bathtub. I grabbed the lavender bath salts she kept in a container. They were her go to thing to use to wind down, it always has been ever since we were in middle school. This was something that she needed.

I shut the water off and went to go get her, but she was already in the doorway with both hands on the frame. She just stared at me and what I was doing. She walked up to me and looked at me. No expression in her face. Nothing. She was broken.

After a minute of looking at me, she hugged me. Which ended up catching me by surprise. "Thank you," She said. "Anything for you." I said hugging her back. She let go of me and looked at the bath. "Thank you for this." She half-smiled.

"Of course. I figured you may need it. You may want to get in soon before it gets cold." She nodded and her hands went towards the rope on her bathrobe. I quickly turned around and allowed her to get in.

We stood there in silence and
I heard the water splash as she placed her self in. Hearing the way that the water sloshed in the bathtub whenever she waved her hand in it. "I'm in E." I heard her say. I guess it was a signal for me to turn around. I did so and saw her.

She had her knees pulled up to her chest covering her breasts. Hair was spewed over the shoulders. Even in the state that she was in, she looked beautiful. She looked absolutely stunning. It's amazing that whenever you look at someone so exposed, you see how beautiful they really are.

"You're staring..." she said. I could feel the heat rising to my cheeks. God I hope I wasn't blushing like a damn fool. "Are you gonna be okay in here?" I asked her. She shook her head no. I sighed and knew that I shouldn't have asked that question.

I knelt down by the edge of the tub grabbing a cup. "E, what are you doing?" She asked. "Helping you..." I said as I poured water over her back as she continued to hold her knees to her chest. I knew that she didn't have the energy. She was drained physically and I'm sure mentally as well. She spent all this time hiding what was happening to her, she's got to be exhausted.

From that point on, I spent the time helping her. Washing her back for her when she sat there in silence. Washing her hair for her, so she can preserve the little bit of energy she had left.

I didn't mind it one bit. I was helping the girl I loved. I was never abandoning her. I was never going away. I was here for a long time.

Cameron's POV:

I looked at the location that Grayson was at. 2436 south broadway street? Isn't that close over by Y/N's office building? I recognized the building as I drove closer. Eventually taking backroads and seeing that it was bringing me to a neighborhood.

"Damn..." I said as I looked at how upscale this area was. I looked at the huge houses that must have been worth millions. Why was Grayson here?

"2430, 2432, 2434, 2436...." I stopped in front of the house and saw Grayson's car there. As well as Daniel's? Oh my god, he found him.

I threw the car in park and got out of the car. Running to the front door and knocking, only to realize that it was unlocked. I walked inside, not knowing what to expect. I could get shot for all I know. I heard a thud up the hallway. I quickly walked to the area where the sound came from.

"Get off of him!" I heard a woman's voice say. I turned the hallway and stood in the doorway. I saw fists flying, clothes on the floor, sheets spewed on the bed.

"Grayson get off him!" I yelled snapping out of a short trance. I ran up to him and grabbed his arm as he was about to throw another punch. He looked at me, anger filling his eyes. It looked like a whole different Grayson. A version of him that I haven't seen in a long time.

He pulled himself off of Daniel and stood right beside me. I analyzed the whole room. Daniel lying on the floor covered in blood. He was half naked. Men's and women's clothing spewed all over the place. Oh my god.

I turned to the voice of the girl, I looked at her. She looked awfully familiar. No way, it can't be.

"Jess?"

_____________________________________

Hey guys! I hope you're enjoying this book so far! Please leave me your thoughts on your favorite parts!

20 votes on this chapter and the next one will be posted!!