22

Y/N's POV:

It's been an hour since I was in the bathtub. I haven't spoken a word since Ethan spent time with me in the bathroom. I didn't know what to say. I didn't know what to say when it came to what he saw.

I laid in my bed in my joggers and sweat shirt staring at the ceiling. Just thinking. What do I do now? Do I stay here? Do I leave? I didn't know what my next move should be.

I heard a knock at my door, it was most likely Ethan. "Come in." I said not breaking from looking at the ceiling.

"You all good?" I stayed silent, still looking at the ceiling. I heard a sigh come from him. 'I'm sorry' I thought. I'm sorry that you have to stay here. I'm sorry you have to see me like this.

I felt the bed side sink. I looked over and saw him laying there on his back meeting my eyes. He extended his hand and glided it across my cheek. I didn't even know that I was crying. I continued to look in his eyes, never breaking contact. He still had his hand on my cheek from where the tear had fallen.

It was weird, after the couple months that Daniel had put me through, I was terrified of touch. But, with Ethan, I wasn't afraid at all. "Why didn't you tell me?" He asked me furrowing his eyebrows. I put my hand over his that was still on my cheek. "I could have protected you..." I could hear his voice crack and his eyes well up with tears.

I turned my head away. "Y/n..." I couldn't look at him. If I did. I'd cry even more. "Why didn't you tell me?" He asked. "I don't know." I said looking at the ceiling. "How could you not know?" I could feel his eyes pierce my skin wanting answers. "I-I guess I was afraid." Silence.

I felt him get up. Which ended up causing me to sit up in the bed. I watched every move that Ethan was doing. Crossing his arms and pacing back and forth around the room. "I just don't understand. Why would you be afraid?" He asked me. "Wouldn't you want to be saved?" He stopped in front of me. "Yes but-" I begin. "Then why y/n?" He raised his voice, making me jump a little. He noticed it too. His face immediately softened.

"I was afraid of what would happen to me and everybody I loved-d." I croaked. "I was afraid that if I had gone somewhere, he would hurt me even worse. I was afraid if I told you, Cameron, or Grayson, he would find some way to hurt you. I didn't even tell my own family Ethan. Do you know how fucking hard that is gonna be for me?" I said now in full on tears.

"I-I didn't tell you because I didn't want him to hurt you. I couldn't stand seeing you or Grayson hurt. I would've rather lost you guys from moving away, then losing you guys physically. I don't know what Daniel's capable of Ethan." I said before wiping my eyes on my sleeve.

He moved towards the bed and sat criss cross in front of me. Not taking his eyes off of me. "You don't need to worry about Grayson and I." He insisted. I shook my head. "Yes, I do. I always do. Especially now." I said. "He's got friends in high places. He'll make himself look innocent in the eyes of others."

"What do you mean?" He asked me confused. I sighed looking down. "I think he will take that and do something terrible. I think that he will abuse his connections and put me through hell. I think that he will hurt my loved ones and my friends in the process." I wanted to throw up at the thought of him hurting anyone I knew.

"Well, that won't happen." Ethan said as he tucked my hair behind my ear. "But, how do you know?" I asked meeting his gaze once again. He was inches from my face. "I don't. But, I'll always protect you I promise." He whispered. I watched as his switched his gaze to my lips and then back to my eyes.

"Don't make a promise if you don't know for sure you can't ke-" I was cut off abruptly by something I never thought would happen in a million years. Ethan's lips on mine. He kissed me and kissed me gently. I was shocked at first, but kissed back a little. I never felt this before. This almost connection and spark.

Then I remembered. Daniel. I pulled away from the kiss and looked at him wide eyed. I hoped off the bed, he did as well. "Y/n" I turned towards him and instinctively slapped him across the cheek.

"How dare you?" I said with tears. He put his hand on his cheek and rubbed it. "I'm engaged Ethan!" I said raising my volume. "Are you serious?" He scoffed. I looked at him confused, "Um, yes I am Ethan." I replied.

"I can't believe you." Ethan said shaking his head. "I can't believe after you told us, you are still with him. I sat here for hours helping you and having you pour your heart out to me. I helped you and I saw you in your most broken, vulnerable state. I've never ever seen you like that. I would never do that for just anyone Y/n!" He stated to raise his voice, getting angry.

"You had me all your god damn life. I was your best friend, I still am. I have been through so much with you. Never once laid a finger on you. Never once degraded you. Never once made you feel less than what you're worth. I've always treated you like the damn queen that you are. I've loved and cared for you throughout my entire life. From our childhood to before we left to now. I could have chosen someone else to love, but I always choose to come back to you. It's always you in the end Y/n..."

I watched him as he talked. He ran a hand through this hair full of frustration. "Damn it, this fucking hurts." He said looking up at the ceiling. "What hurts?" I asked him. He looked back at me tears with his eyes and biting his lip to stop himself from letting the tears fall.

"Not being good enough"

_____________________________________

Hey guys!! Hope all is well! I hope you guys are enjoying Man from above. This book has been amazing to write so far. I'm so happy to share this with you guys. Hope you enjoy!

30 likes on this chapter and the next one will be uploaded!