27

Ethan's POV:

"I knew we shouldn't have watched that movie. I knew it." I said getting up. "Wait, you should let her be Ethan. Give her some time for herself. She needs it." Cameron said grabbing my arm to try to stop me. I shook her hand off me, so I could go. "That's the last thing I will do." I said before walking to the room.

With each foot step that I took, my heart pounded more and more. My nervousness skyrocketed as I drew closer to her room. What was I to say? What was I to do? I really didn't know. Instead, I just dove right in.

I knocked on her door, there was no answer. Maybe she was in the bathroom? Maybe she was sleeping? I quietly opened the door and saw her curled up on the bed. My heart sank as I saw her grip the pillow to her body. The sound of her sniffling echoed through the room as well. The sadness she felt and was going through radiated off her body and affected me.

I made my way to the bedside, seeing that she had her eyes closed. I could see that her tears were still spilling from her eyes. Her nose adopted a slight shade of red from all of the crying she has done. I sighed at the sight of her and how much it killed me. I absolutely hated seeing her like this.

I moved the side of the covers, allowing myself to join her in bed. I saw her open her eyes slightly, but I ignored it. I climbed right in and scooted closer to her. Taking the pillow that she was holding and pulling her close to my body instead.

I felt her uneven breaths as she laid there. Her tears still continuing to fall onto my chest, seeping through my tee shirt. She burrowed her head into my body and I continued to hold her. Slowly but surely, she was getting comfortable and her breaths were settling down.

We laid there in silence. I knew I didn't have to say anything at all, neither did she. Just our presences alone was soothing to one another. All that was heard was her uneven breaths slowly becoming back to normal. The silence in the room wasn't an awkward one, but the complete opposite.

Accompanied by her breaths, were the sound of rain just starting to fall. Hitting the window and with each second, it picked up more and more. The wind outside, picking up as well.

I continued to lay there and holding her close. All while rubbing her arm up and down with my hand, as a way to soothe her. Something that we used to do as kids. Something's absolutely never change.

**Flashback**

"Y/n? What are you doing back?" I rushed out of my house with an umbrella over my head. I quickly approached a soaking wet Y/n and put my umbrella over her as we walked the sidewalk.

"He stood me up." She said with no expression at all. I watched her as she looked at the ground with no expressions at all. I couldn't read what she was feeling. Maybe it was due to the rain that was falling and impaired my ability to read her.

"Well, he's an asshole for doing that. You deserve someone better. Someone who would actually be there for you. Someone who would never stand a pretty girl like you up." I said to her. I watched as a smile slowly started to form. "Thank you E," She said as we finally reached my front door.

"If you want, we can hang out and watch movies?" She accepted my offer and we headed inside. After we both changed into something comfortable, we grabbed blankets and pillows to begin our night. We sat on the sofa together, watching one of our favorite movies.

I sat back onto the couch and y/n did as well. I pulled her close to me and she laid her head on my shoulder. "Thank you for not being like the other douchebags we go to school with." She said.

"I would never be like that. Never in a million years." I said rubbing her arm up and down. Gliding my fingertips across her arm.

"I know I can always count on you, Ethan Dolan." She whispered. I don't think she realized that I heard it, but I did. We continued to lay there throughout the night and watch the film.

**End of Flashback**

I continued to lay there looking out the window. Watching the water from the rain glide its way down the window panes. All while thinking about all the times that we spent together as kids years ago. Comforting one another when it came to things that had made us sad. We were always there for each other and never hesitated to be. Always that person that we had fallen back upon, when we needed each other the most.

I knew that it was destined to happen. I knew that the more and more I saw her open up, I'd fallen for her. I'd fall for her because of the countless times I saw her being her true self. It's funny how people say that being in a state of vulnerability automatically turns them off the person. But, that only drew me closer to her. It always has been, especially in the past.

I smiled as I thought about the past. All the things that were done and said. Not forgetting what happened not even two days ago. Kissing her and feeling every emotion possible: love, passion, guilt, sadness, humility.

Cameron's words still stuck with me: "Even though all of what you said may be right, you had no right to do that to her. You took advantage of her being in a state of vulnerability to make a move, you could have done it at a better time."

She was right. I was stupid to do that. I was stupid to take advantage of the moment. I only caused her more heartache by doing that. I cant do anything right. I could not even make her feel better then.

Let alone, love her.

_____________________________________

Hey guys, once this hits 80 likes, I'll be releasing the next chapter.