{Petting} Volks x Reader

Requested by cinderpeltgal!

I love writing about edgy boiz! Which is strange, because most of my original characters aren't really that edgy, lol

Enjoy~

~~~~~~~~~

You laid down on the guest bed you were staying in. You were staying at Volks' house and taking care of him. He was reluctant to let you stay, but after realizing he wouldn't be able to do a lot of things, he allowed it. You thought about taking a nap. But instead, you relived the morning in your head.

You were cooking some bacon and eggs on the stove. You figured Volks would enjoy the bacon, seeing as he was a wolf, and you could eat the eggs. You heard his paws patter on the ground as he hobbled down the stairs. He was still getting used to his wolf body, so you often offered to help him, but he always refused, saying "I can do it myself..."

You piled four pieces of bacon on a plate and some eggs. You put more eggs then bacon on your plate. Volks' snout entered the kitchen, giving the air a big sniff. "Something smells..." He started, but he didn't finish. He was going to say "Something smells good..." but he stopped himself. He couldn't show an sort of soft side!

"Hmm?" You hummed, a bit concerned as you placed the two plates on the table. You pulled out a chair for him. "It...smells?"

"U-Uh..." He said. Crap! Now you seemed sad! "I mean, it doesn't smell bad." He rolled his eyes. You giggled and patted the seat. He sat down and took a big whiff of his food. He dug in immediately, getting his nose covered in scrambled eggs. You used your fork to eat your breakfast, but you kept your eyes on Volks. It was...kinda fascinating, watching him eat like a wolf. His eyes turned to you and you made eye contact. His cheeks suddenly became red and he made a snort sound. Your eyes widened as he pulled his snout away from his plate, revealing the eggs that were lodged in his nostrils. 

He sneezed violently and the eggs splattered over the table. You tried taking a drink of some orange juice you had taken out to have with breakfast to stop yourself from laughing, but it only made it worse. The orange juice sprayed out of your mouth, making the dining table even more dirty, as you laughed your ass off. "HAHAHAHA!" You cried, almost falling out of your chair.

"W-What's so funny!?" He cried. His head was lying on the table as his face became red with embarrassment. You didn't respond. You were too busy laughing. "HEY! IDIOT! WHAT IS SO FUNNY!?" He growled.

You wiped away a tear. "Y-You just-" You burst out laughing while you were trying to explain. He just tilted his head with a frown in confusion. He kept an eye on you. You were very cute when you laughed...but there's no way Volks would admit it. At least not bluntly. He'd find a way around it, or not tell you directly. But...he did care about you deeply. He wasn't sure how or why...but he did.

After you were finished laughing, you let out a breath and placed a hand on Volks head, running your fingers through his fur. He seemed slightly startled by this, but didn't move. He wanted to see what you were planning to do. As you caught your breath, you continued to pet the top of Volks' head. His fur was so soft... You began scratching behind his ears. You finished catching your breath and just focused on Volks. His eyes closed in satisfaction as your hand trailed down his chin, scratching him there. His eyes were closed and he was smiling. You realized he probably hadn't had that much physical affection since he was such a tsundere.

You used both your hands to massage his cheeks and he finally seemed to open his eyes. But even so, his eyes were only half open. You two stared into each other's eyes for a few seconds before Volks' suddenly went wide and he pulled his face out of your hands. You could see his blush through his fur. "So...you like to be pet?" You said, a mischievous smile growing on your face.

"N-NO!" Volks said. "Of course I don't! Petting is stupid!" He furrowed his furry brows. "It's so dumb! Clean up this mess!" He looked over the table. "I'm going!" He suddenly darted out of the kitchen.

"What!? Volks, wait!" You called after him. "Where are you going!?"

"To my room! Screw off!" Volks yelled as he hurried up the stairs. This time you furrowed your eyebrows and let out a sigh. Someday...Volks was going to be able to open up to you. Maybe not now, but someday...you hoped.

You had ended up cleaning up the mess by yourself. Volks was still in his room, as far as you knew. As you stared at the ceiling of the guest bedroom, you replayed the memory of petting Volks play through your head. It soothed you. But then the memory of Volks sneezing eggs all over the table came to mind, and you would let out a few chuckles. But then came the memory of Volks getting mad and running out of the kitchen, and that made you feel bad. But you felt that Volks was hiding something. At the table, he had shown a vulnerable, soft side...but he had then tried to cover it up.

"(Y/N)...?" Volks said as he entered your room. "Are you awake?"

"Yeah..." You said, turning your head to look at him. "What's up? Do you need help with something?" He looked away, not showing you his damn deep blush.

"W-Well...y-you know, you l-looked kinda...upset when I ran out of the kitchen..." Volks said, not looking at you. "And the stuff I said..." You turned your whole body to face him. "...was uncalled for."

"Huh?" You said.

"What?" He said.

"What did you say?"

"What I said was uncalled for." He said under his breath.

"I said 'what I said was uncalled for'!" He growled loudly. You smiled. "I was rude to you when you've done nothing but help me through this time!" He was now ranting. "I was awful to you when you didn't deserve it! I'm sorry! Okay!? AND I LIKE PETTING-" He suddenly stopped himself, finally realizing what he was saying. His ears flattened against his head. "Y-Yeah..."

You patted the spot in front of you. He looked confused. "Come on." You said, patting the spot again. He tried to appear resistant, but when he jumped up on the bed, he didn't seem so moody. He curled up on the blanket and you pulled him close to you, so his back was pressing up against your stomach. Once he seemed comfortable, you began petting his side, and he buried his face into the blanket. "Awe! Is wittle Volksy flustered?" You spoke like a small child.

"Shut up." He said, his face muffled by the blanket. You laughed and gave in a kiss on the back of his head and began rubbing his belly. Before you knew it, he had fallen asleep in your arms. A smile on your face, you planted another kiss on him, keeping your arms wrapped around him, you pressed your face close to his head and fell asleep.

"I love you, Volksy..." You muttered before you fell asleep. You felt his growl in response.

~~~~~~~~~~

I've really been wanting to write a chapter like this with one of the boys! Oh yee, I posted a new Oneshot book on my profile, so if you like Undertale, check it out! Also, someone requested a Part 2 to the oneshot "Misunderstandings", so tell me if you would like to see that too! I will write it, but I wanna know how many of you will read it~

-the2tailedfoxy