{Opposites Attract} Kelby x Short! Smart! Introvert! Reader

Requested by JustYourAverageKek

YAY! I love writing stories about opposite minded people falling in love! It's always fun to put them in UNCOMFORTABLE SCENARIOS! MWUAHAHAHAHAHHA!

Also, Kelby be human in dis oneshot~

~~~~~~~~~~~

[Kelby's POV]

Ever since (Y/N)'s broken the curse, they've been something of a wreck. Honestly, they probably blame themselves for the whole ordeal. Today I had a basketball game and (Y/N) was coming along. It was a very important game so naturally there was a lot of people. I looked down at them, patting them on the head. "Hehe! If you're not careful, you could get lost in here, hun!" I said with a laugh.

They puffed out their cheeks like a small child. "I-I know I'm short, Kelby! Y-You don't have to p-poke fun at me!" They stuttered.

"Whoa." I said. "You're cute when you're angry." They looked up at me to argue, but I planted a kiss on their lips. "Well, your seat is over there, sweetie~" I was about to walk away, but I gave them another kiss before running off.

"K-Kelby!" They cried, more to themselves then to anyone. Even from the other side of the court, I could tell their face had gone bright red. I smiled to myself. Then the game started. As we were playing, I felt a sudden ache in my leg.

"Ey, Kelby, ya good?" A team member asked.

"Yeah." I said. "Just nerves." We got on the court and the whistle blew. We were doing really good. We were winning! Everytime I caught sight of (Y/N) in the crowd, I would be sure to show off, making them roll their eyes and blush. I grinned when they would quietly cheer for me. (Y/N)'s the quiet type, so I was fine with her little claps and smiles. It was super cute.

The ball was passed to me and I had the opportunity to do a slam dunk. So naturally, seeing (Y/N) in the crowd, I took it. But as my feet flew from the ground, I suddenly felt nauseous as pain flowed through my leg. I managed to make the shot, but I fell on my back to the ground, not getting up. "Kelby!" Someone screamed. I laid on the ground as a buzzer went off, pausing the game.

"Kelby, come take a seat." The coach said.

"Nah, I'm good." I said, but I could stand on my left leg. "I'm good."

"No, y-you're not!" (Y/N) was at my side, helping me onto a bench on the sidelines. A medic came by and they got a sub for the team. "Kelby, w-what's wrong with your leg?"

"Eh, it just kinda hurts. Since I was a chicken for such a long time, I wasn't really able to do sports all that much, so I haven't had much practice." I admitted. "That might be it..."

(Y/N) covered their face with their hands. "I'm so sorry, Kelby!" I said. "I'm s-so sorry!"

"Hey, hey..." I said, taking their hands from their face. Tears were streaming down their cheeks. "Why are you crying? I should be!"

They let out a sob-kinda chuckle. "Kelby..." They said.

"This isn't your fault, I've told you this a hundred times, (Y/N)." I said. I kissed their forehead and brought them in for a hug. "I just didn't think to practice before the game." The medic said it was just a really bad leg cramp, but that since the game was almost over, I should sit out. After the medic left, I wrapped my arm around (Y/N). "Hey, how about we go out to eat tonight? You and me?"

"I don't know, Kelby." They said. "You should get home and rest."

"Aw, please, (Y/N)!" I begged. "It would make me feel better to take you out on a date!" They thought about it a second, then turned to me.

"Fine! B-But only if you go straight to bed when we get back home!" They said. I nodded and soon the game came to an end. (Y/N) said they were driving, because of my leg, and they took us to a nice restaurant not too far from our house. We went inside and got our regulars. I ordered the Large Salad while (Y/N) got their (F/M). After eating, they drove me straight home and ordered me to bed. "You p-promised, Kelby!"

"Yeah, I did." I said as I crawled into bed. They were laying a blanket over me when I got an idea. I grabbed their hand and pulled them down on the bed next to me. "Hello~"

"K-Kelby! What a-are you doing?!" They cried. "You n-need to rest!"

"It's so hard to relax when you're not by my side though!" I whined.

They puffed out their cheeks. "You hang around Eli too much..." (Y/N) said.

"Do you not believe I can be seductive on my own?" I asked, acting mock hurt. They simply turned away from me, their back facing me. I scooted my crutch against their butt, making them squeak. "Only I'm this bold~"

"Wow, you really are hanging too much around Eli." They said, trying not to look at me.

"Don't make me push it to get your attention!" I said. They looked back at me, then looked away again. I could tell they wanted to know. I reached my hand down and pinched their butt.

"EEK!" They squealed. "K-Kelby! Don't tease me l-like that!"

"Then YOU don't tease me like this." I said. I held their shoulder, making them face me. They looked up at me in the eyes, their face a blushing mess. "You know, my leg feels a lot better. In fact, it feels so good, I think we could-"

"I-I get it, Kelby!" (Y/N) said.

"But, I'd only do it if you wanna." I said, playing with their hair.

"I-I wanna!" They said, immediately slapping themselves. I brought my lips to theirs, sealing out kiss.

~~~~~~~~~~

HELLO! I'm sorry if this chapter is a little late. I wanted to finish it while I was at school, but I didn't have the time and when I came home I watched Cloverfield, but hey, it's out, and I hope you enjoyed it! I definitely enjoy making chapters more suggestive then they need to be~ *lenny face*

-the2tailedfoxy