{Heart to Heart} Nimh x Reader

Requested by WriterWolf16

Thank you for the request and the suggestion!

~~~~~~~~~~

[Your POV]

I was walking through my house. It was night. I tiptoed into the guest bedroom, cracking open the door. Nimh was fast asleep in his bed, his cute big ears covering his eyes. I let out a sigh. I love him so much. But I'm not entirely sure about how he feels. We had technically shared our first kiss already, but we still acted like best friends.

I inhaled as I closed the door. When I inhaled, I took note that there was...a strange smell in the air. "Huh?" I muttered to myself. I hurried down the stairs, following the smell. It was coming from the kitchen. The air wreaked of gas. "Ugh." I plugged my nose. It was coming from the oven. I opened the oven, and suddenly fire burst out, spreading across the kitchen. I fell back to the ground. I gasped. "Nimh! There's a-" Suddenly a force was grabbing me by the foot, pulling me out of the house. "W-What!?"

I was thrown out of the house and on my front lawn. When I looked back up at the house, it was being engulfed in flames. The fire department was there.

"NIMH!" I shrieked, trying to run back to the house. But two firemen appeared at my side, holding me back.

"No! You cannot go back in there!" One of them said.

"N-No! I need to!" I looked around as tears filled my eyes. I noticed no one was going inside, going to help Nimh. "Why isn't anyone doing anything!?" Suddenly, the roof collapsed and the house became ashes (totally not foreshadowing for future chapters). I was silent a moment, in shock. But then I began hyperventilating. "NIMH!"

~~~~~

I woke with a scream, clutching my heart. I was breathing heavily, sweating. I sat up against my headboard, my eyes darting wildly around the room. 'Nimh!' I thought. I practically fell out of my bed as I rushed to my bedroom door, but someone got to it before I could. "N-Nimh..." I stuttered out.

"(Y/N)!" Nimh cried, pulling me close to him. "A-Are you okay?" He ran his fingers through my hair. "Are you hurt? W-What happened?" His voice was so filled with concern that I almost felt bad for having a nightmare.

"T-There was a-a fire..." I stuttered between my sobs.

"What!?" Nimh cried, looking around frantically. "W-Where was the f-fire!?"

"N-No..." I said, gripping his pajama sleeve. "I-I'm sorry...n-nightmare..." I choked out. He looked down at me, stroking my hair, heaving a sigh of relief. He must've thought there had been an actual fire and totally panicked.

He picked me up bridal style and carried me to my bed. This caught me off guard, so I instinctively wrapped my arms around the back of next and clung to him. Instead of laying me down on the bed, he sat on my bed, back against the wall, and held me in my lap. "(Y-Y/N)?" Nimh stuttered. His face was bright red thanks to our position. "Would you tell me about the n-nightmare?"

He held me close to his chest as I told him what had happened in the nightmare. About checking on him. Seeing the fire. Suddenly being pulled out my an invisible force. Being unable to save him as the house collapsed. My heart began pounding as I relived the nightmare through my words and in my head. I buried my face into Nimh's chest and cried.

Nimh held me and rocked from side to side, humming a tune, trying to soothe me, but the tune was a little shaky. He rubbed his hand up and down my shoulder, calming me. As I turned my head to breathe, I suddenly heard his heart pounding faster than ever before. I placed my hand on his chest, feeling his rapid heartbeat. It was so fast! Almost as if it wasn't even human! "U-Uh...Nimh?" I sniffled. "Are you...okay?"

"H-Huh?" Nimh looked down at me and began stroking my hair. "I-If you're feeling better, then so am I." His ears folded against his head as I reached up and caressed his cheek. His face was as red as a tomato and I felt his heartbeat quicken. How is that even possible!?

"N-Nimh!" I cried. "Your heart! Are you okay!?" I slowly pressed against his chest, hoping it would somehow slow his heartbeat. At this rate, it seemed as if his heart was going to pop right out of his chest!

Nimh placed his hand on mine, stroking the back of my hand. "I-It's all fine, (Y/N)." Nimh said with a laugh, glad that I was distracted from my nightmare. "I went and saw Dr. William, the vet, about it not too long ago. He said it was n-normal, since I still had r-rabbit DNA in my s-system." Nimh smiled reassuringly and brought my hand back to his face, placing it on his cheek. "All is fine, (Y/N)."

I gave a sigh of relief and hugged him, not really wanting to let go. "H-Hey, Nimh?" I asked as he hugged me back. "...C-Could you stay with me tonight?"

"...Like in a b-bed!?" Nimh whispered. The thought made both our faces go red. "I-I mean, I'd be fine with that, but..." He looked down at his chest. "Doesn't my rabbit-like heartbeat kinda...freak you out?" I laid my head on his shoulder.

"Of course not." I said. "Now that I understand it, it's actually...kinda comforting." I planted a kiss on Nimh's cheek, and I couldn't help but think of those scenes in anime. Usually when a character gets a small kiss and then they almost pass out. That was the kind of face Nimh was making.

I pulled him by the shoulders, forcing him on top of me. His hands buried into the pillows on either side of me. "A-Are you sure y-you're okay with this?" Nimh asked, looking down at me nervously. I pulled him down and we shared a short kiss.

"I'm all fine with it. Just please...stay with me." I said. He took a deep breath, seeming more confident. He leaned down and kissed me on the lips. This time, our kiss was much deeper and more passionate.

Let's just say, we had a good night...

~~~~~~~~~~

*wink wink* *nudge SHOVE* Not saying Nimh became totally human that night, but definitely implying it. I finished a ton of routes on my Shall We Date games so I was in a mood, if ya know what I mean ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), but anyway- YEET sorry this took a couple days. I started it on Friday and, because I usually don't write over the weekends, I waited until Monday rolled around so I could finish this and OOF, hope y'all Nimh Lovers love it~

-the2tailedfoxy