0 4

𝖆𝖈𝖙 𝖔𝖓𝖊, 𝖘𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖊 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗

INDEPENDENT WOMAN___________________________________

INDEPENDENT WOMAN
___________________________________

Monday rolled around quicker than Zoe wanted it too and before she knew it her alarm clock was ringing. Zoe had only gotten about 3 hours of sleep which made it hard for her to get out of bed and have a shower.

Just like yesterday, she put on makeup to cover all her flaws and threw on a cute outfit. Zoe hurried down the stairs to see her dad watching tv on the couch, he was just as tired as she was.

"Morning," Zoe said, smiling at him.

Robert looked up at his daughter, smiling back. "Good morning Zoe... you don't have to go to school if you don't want to," Robert said noticing her school bag on her back.

"I want too," Zoe said. "What time do you start work today?" she asked.

"5pm, I don't get off until 3am so i'll see you tomorrow," Robert said.

"I might stay the night at Courtney's," Zoe shrugged. Robert nodded with a frown, he knew how much she hated being home alone in the nighttime, which is why Brandon was often staying the night.

Courtney is Zoe's best friend. Zoe, Courtney and Brandon all met in the 3rd grade and were inseparable. The 3 teenagers did everything together, Zoe wasn't so sure what Courtney would do when she found out the news. Zoe wouldn't be mad at Courtney if she stayed friends with Brandon, she's petty but not that petty.

"Anyway, I have to go now. See you tomorrow," Zoe said, grabbing her keys and kissing her dad on the cheek.

"Yep, drive safe Zoe," Robert said, waving at her before she left.

On Zoe's 16th birthday her father bought her a red 1985 Cadillac Eldorado, and if that doesn't show you how wealthy the Watson family are than I don't know what will. Zoe loved her car, it was her prized possession, which is why she usually got Brandon to drive her to school. Zoe's car hadn't ever been to school before.

"There's a first time for everything baby," Zoe sighed, patting the roof of her car as she jumped into the drivers seat.

Zoe started the car and immediately let the roof down. This was Zoe's favourite part of the car, the convertible roof, she loved feeling the wind in her hair. It didn't matter if it was freezing cold or boiling hot, Zoe always had the roof down.

Zoe sped off, something that her father hated. Zoe would always speed down her street, it was fun driving stupidly fast for no reason. Zoe loved driving.

The school was only a 15 minute drive from her house so it didn't take her long to arrive at school. She drove into the school car park and immediately all eyes were on her car. The seniors liked to hang out by their cars every chance they got, which means Zoe would soon be the talk of the seniors, and not only because of her fancy car, but also because for the first time in 2 years she hadn't arrived to school with Brandon.

Zoe parked her car in the park closest to the schools entrance. She put the roof back up and stepped out of her car.

"Nice car, Watson," One of the boys standing nearby called out. Zoe waved at him, locking her red beauty and watching Courtney as she pulled into the empty spot right next to Zoe.

Courtney jumped out of her car. "I thought you said you'd never drive her to school," Courtney chuckled, pointing to Zoe's car.

"Yeah, well that was until Brandon and I broke up," Zoe chuckled, trying to let Courtney know in a not so awkward way.

"What?!" Courtney yelled, eyes wide. "Broke up? What the fuck?!" Courtney was shocked.

"Shh," Zoe said, shaking her head at the brunette girl standing across from her.

"You have some explaining to do Zoe, we had our whole future planned out," Courtney shook her head. "What happened? Was it something stupid? Who dumped who?" she asked.

"Get in the car and i'll tell you," Zoe said, unlocking her car again. The two girls jumped into the front seats, Courtney was ready to hear everything. Zoe sighed, she could feel tears rushing to her eyes. Even the thought of talking about it made her want to curl into a ball and sob.

"Well," Courtney said, urging her to start. "The bell will ring soon Zoe," Courtney said, glancing at the girl. Courtney then realised how upset Zoe actually was, she was seconds away from crying. Courtney remained quiet and waited for Zoe to be ready to tell her.

Zoe sighed once again. She took a deep breathe before beginning. "It was Saturday night, me and dad had just got back from a fun night out at Starcourt mall," Zoe paused for a few seconds. "We walked into the house and in the family room was Donna and Brandon having sex on our couch," Zoe pursed her lips, she tried her hardest not to cry.

"What the fuck?!"Courtney yelled, her eyes wide. "Zoe, i'm so sorry. I love you so much, Zoe. Not you or your dad deserved this shit," Courtney leant over and have her a side hug.

Zoe began to sob. "I just can't believe he would do something like this to me and my dad! My dad had so much respect for him," Zoe shook her head, wiping away her tears.

"He's an asshole, Zoe, and so is Donna. Screw Brandon, let's key his car," Courtney said. Zoe giggled. Courtney smiled, she felt satisfied that she made Zoe laugh which no doubt would of been the first time in days. "Speaking of the devil, here's Brandon now. Let's get out of this sexy car and pretend that you're doing just fine. You're on top of the world. You are a free and independent woman, you don't need no man... you can cry later, right now we have to show him that you're fine," Courtney said, smiling at Zoe.

Zoe rolled her eyes, but nonetheless she fixed her make up and got out of her car, locking the door behind her. Where Brandon had parked he had a perfect view of Zoe's car, and he immediately knew it was her before she even got out of the car.

Brandon watched as his ex girlfriend flipped her soft brown hair over her shoulder and strutted away with Courtney's arm linked with hers. Brandon missed her on his arm. He fucked up so bad and he knew it, he wanted her back. Brandon loved her.

___________________

AUTHORS NOTE

Hey all, I honestly am not sure if Zoe's car is an expensive car. I went onto a website that had a list of expensive cars in the 80's, but i'm still not sure. I also know that its most likely not 1985 during the end of season 2 - season 3 of Stranger Things, but we're just pretending it is.

Hope you're all enjoying the story so far! Go ahead and leave some feedback on this chapter if you would like! :)

Until next time.

- H