1 5

𝖆𝖈𝖙 𝖔𝖓𝖊, 𝖘𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖊 𝖋𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

OPENING UP___________________________________

OPENING UP
___________________________________

A faint knock from the other side of Zoe's door made her shoot up, her dad was home early. "Holy shit... you need to hide," Zoe said, grabbing Billy and pushing her into her bathroom. She closed the door.

"Come in!" Zoe called. Robert opened the door. "Sorry, I was peeing," Zoe chuckled. Robert gave her a smile and sat down on her bed, Zoe sat next to him. "Why are you home so early?" Zoe asked.

"I got someone to cover the last 4 hours of my shift," Robert explained. Zoe nodded. "What I wanted to tell you is that I bought our tickets for the Ukraine today," Robert smiled.

Zoe grinned, "yay!" Robert chuckled, giving her a side hug and standing up. "When are we going?" Zoe asked.

"Just after Spring break," Robert answered. Zoe smiled. "Anyway, I'm going to bed so i'll see you in the morning. Goodnight," Robert gave her a kiss on the head and left her room, closing the door behind him.

Zoe opened the bathroom and door and Billy walked out. "You're going to the Ukraine?" Billy asked.

Zoe nodded. "I go there every year," Zoe replied.

Billy furrowed his eyebrows, "why?"

Zoe stared at him in confusion, but then it clicked, she hadn't actually ever told Billy she was half Ukrainian... in fact she hadn't really told Billy anything about herself, and she didn't know much about him. Zoe and Billy talked, but not usually about personal things, unless it was Brandon.

"My mom was from the Ukraine, I'm half Ukrainian," Zoe explained.

Billy nodded. "I've always had a thing for Ukrainian girls," Billy smirked. Zoe scoffed with a chuckle. "It's true, I mean look at you. You're hot as," Billy said. Zoe rolled her eyes, giving him a kiss before laying down.

The two had a moment of silence, until Zoe began to speak again. "My mom died a few hours after giving birth to me," Zoe blurted out. Zoe didn't talk about her mom, not with anyone, she has briefly mentioned it to Brandon and Courtney but she never overshared. Zoe wanted to over share with Billy and she didn't know why. "Ever since my dad explained to me why I didn't have a mom, i've blamed it on myself... if I wasn't born my mom will still be alive and my dad would be happily married to a woman who won't use him for his wealth or cheat on him with his daughters boyfriend," Zoe sighed.

Billy remained quiet. He knew that right now all Zoe needed was for him to listen. Zoe sat back up and Billy wrapped an arm around her. "I've felt like a burden my entire life, my dad doesn't smile as bright as he use to when mom was around, you can see it so clearly in the photos. Sometimes I wanted everything to end... sometimes I wish I wouldn't wake up," Zoe sighed, feeling tears rushed her eyes.

Billy could tell that she had never opened up to anyone like this before, he didn't know how to feel about, why did she trust him this much? Billy kissed her cheek. "You're not a burden, Zoe. Your dad is probably so happy that he has you, you two get along so well... I wish I had that," Billy said, smiling at her.

"I'm sorry," Zoe whispered, the tears finally falling. "You don't deserve to be treated the way he treats you," Zoe said.

Billy wiped the tears from her cheeks. "You don't deserve to feel the way you do," Billy said. Zoe gave him a sad smile and hugged him. "My mom packed her bags and left me with my dad when I was young. Sometime I wonder why she didn't take me with her, why would she want me to stay with someone as horrible as my father?" Billy asked. It was Zoe's turn to listen and she did just that. "I have so many questions and I blame her for making me the way I am, but one thing is for sure, I will never treat a girl or my kids, if I ever have any, the same way that my father does," Billy said, a wave of anger overcoming him.

"I'm so sorry Billy," Zoe said, hugging him again.

"It's okay... I have you now," Billy smiled.

It was offical, Zoe was Billy's best friend, and Zoe was beginning to fall in love with Billy and she knew that it wasn't going to end well for her.

_________________

AUTHORS NOTE

Hey, sorry for being gone for a while, had heaps of exams and stuff to do but i'm back now!

Until next time,

H