4 1

𝖆𝖈𝖙 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗, 𝖘𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖊 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝖔𝖓𝖊

PANCAKES
___________________________________

Zoe woke up the morning after her birthday in bed, except also in her bed was Steve Harrington and another girl from school that Zoe recognised. She groaned and slowly climbed out of the bed only to find another person passed out on her bedroom floor.

Zoe headed downstairs to find more people sleeping. There was a huge mess in the backyard and someone had been raiding her fridge last night as food was everywhere in the kitchen.

Zoe groaned and began to clean up the mess that had been made in her house. The girl noticed Katherine in the yard, also cleaning up with Billy trailing after her, he was cleaning too.

Zoe placed her fingers over the necklace on her neck and she felt a small smile make an appearance on her face. She quickly brushed it off and got back to cleaning.

Zoe tried not to wake up the boy asleep on the kitchen floor as she threw the remainders of rubbish into the bin. The brunette girl then began to prepare pancakes for the few people who had passed out in her home.

Zoe knew how horrible you felt when you woke up in a strangers house the morning after a crazy night, which is why she was preparing breakfast for them.

While she was cooking she heard footsteps coming towards her and she turned around to see Billy standing at the other side of the kitchen.

"Morning," he smiled, noticing the necklace around her neck. Zoe smiled in return and turned back to her pancakes. "Is that for everyone?" he asked. Zoe nodded. "That's really nice of you," he said.

"I try," she shrugged.

Zoe turned around at the sound of footsteps behind her only to come face to face with Steve. Zoe pursed her lips and looked away.

"Uh... thanks for last night Zoe... I think I should be on my way," Steve cleared his throat and quickly left with his head down.

Zoe furrowed her eyebrows as she began to put the pancakes on a plate. She sat them in the middle of the table and caught a glimpse of her reflection in a small mirror her father kept on the kitchen wall.

Zoe gasped at the purple bruise on her neck and her eyes widened. "What the fuck?" she whispered, confusion taking over her face as she slowly traced her fingers over the mark.

"Jeez," Billy said, eyes wide.

"Did I have sex with Steve?" Zoe asked, confused. She spun around to look at Billy. He simply shrugged.

"Ask Katherine, she was practically party mom the whole night," Billy said.

Zoe placed her hair over the mark as she grabbed maple syrup from the shelf. "Surly I didn't," Zoe said.

Katherine entered the room and immediately noticed the bruise. "Oh my god," she said, eyes wide.

"Katherine, thank god. Who the hell did this? Do you know?" Zoe asked.

Katherine pursed her lips. "Umm... you don't remember?" Katherine asked, glancing between Billy and Zoe.

Zoe shook her head. "No, was it Steve? Oh god, i'm going to die! I probably have an STD," Zoe sighed. "I just turned 18, I can't die right now!"

"Calm down, Zoe. It wasn't Steve," Katherine replied, shaking her head. Katherine began to shake the boy in the kitchen awake.

"Well who then?" Zoe asked, even more concerned. She had sex and didn't even remember any of it. "How drunk was I?" Zoe furrowed her eyebrows.

"Insanely drunk. I'm surprised you didn't die," Katherine said, shaking her head as the boy finally stood up. "Leave. Now," she glared at him, pushing him towards the front door.

"I made pancakes for everyone," Zoe protested.

"Not anymore you didn't. Trust me, the gang will devour that shit," Katherine chuckled. Zoe shrugged with a nod.

"Don't change the subject!" Zoe yelled.

"Well, actually you changed the subject," Katherine shrugged.

"You're doing it again!" Zoe yelled. "Tell me, Katherine. I need to know, you cannot keep this from me!" Zoe said, crossing her arms.

"You're not going to be happy," Katherine replied.

"Oh god, it was Brandon wasn't it?" Zoe bit her lip in fear.

"No, it wasn't Brandon," Katherine replied. Zoe sighed in relief.

"Well who then?"

Katherine sighed and made her way back into the kitchen. Zoe watched her carefully as she walked over to Billy and broke through his button-up shirt to reveal a chest full of hickey's. Both Billy and Zoe's eyes widened.

"No, there's no way," Zoe shook her head.

"You're lying. I wasn't that drunk, I would remember!" Billy yelled.

"Why would I lie about this?" Katherine asked, confused. "I tried to stop it, neither of you would listen to me. You were both so certain that it was the perfect way the officially end the tension you two had and move on as friends... you both said that word for word," Katherine said.

Zoe screwed up her face. "That was probably Billy's idea," Zoe said, shaking her head at the boy. Billy raised his hands at her.

"Actually it was your idea, Zoe," Katherine replied. Zoe's jaw dropped. "You told me that you needed to feel good and then walked over to Billy and after that you two ended up wanting to have sex," Katherine shrugged.

"Oh my god," Zoe face palmed and shook her head. "I'm sorry!" Zoe yelled at Billy with wide eyes.

"It's fine, what's done is done," Billy shrugged.

"Oh my god! You have a girlfriend," Zoe's eyes widened.

"Seriously Zoe, Jessica is a pillow princess. I needed a fix, you ride me way better than anyone else does... it's a shame that I can't remember it," Billy said.

Zoe and Katherine's jaws both dropped at the words that left Billy's mouth. Billy's eyes then widened once he realised what he had said.

"Yuck!" Katherine yelled, blocking her ears.