4 8

𝖆𝖈𝖙 𝖋𝖎𝖛𝖊, 𝖘𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖊 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙

SWALLOW YOUR GOD DAMN PRIDE
___________________________________

The night before was a roller coaster for Zoe. She had basically told Billy that if he waited she would eventually fall for him again, Zoe didn't know if that was entirely true though. Zoe didn't want to fall for him again, that's for sure, but she can't help what her heart does.

She didn't know if it was the wine talking or not, but oddly enough Zoe had agreed to hanging out with Billy... alone. So here was the 18 year old girl running around her room throwing on her clothes as quickly as she could because she had to meet Billy in less than 20 minutes and she was barely ready.

Zoe said her goodbyes to her father and ran down to her car. She drove to Starcourt Mall and luckily enough arrived there on time.

Zoe waited for Billy by the stairs in the mall and surly enough he came stalking towards her with a smirk. Zoe pursed her lips, he looked insanely hot as usual and she could feel her stomach doing backflips.

"Hey," Billy smiled.

"Hi," Zoe smiled in return.

The pair hung out for hours at the mall until they headed back to Zoe's house. Robert wasn't at home when they arrived and so Zoe let herself in and they went up to her bedroom.

"Dad told me I have to either go to collage or get a job when Summer ends," Zoe sighed, shaking her head.

"Well at least you still have a month left of freedom, plus what's wrong with getting a job?" Billy chuckled.

Zoe shrugged. "I'd much rather hang out with Jessica than get a job," Zoe replied with a smile.

"That's a bit extreme, collage seems like your go to place then," Billy laughed. Zoe nodded in return. "I just wish you would think about me... about us the way you're thinking about collage," Billy smiled, brushing some hair from her face.

Zoe pursed her lips. "Uhh... I just—" Billy cut her off with a kiss. Zoe hesitated for a second until she decided to let herself melt into him. Zoe had missed his lips, his touch. Zoe had missed him, but she didn't want to admit it. Not to herself, not to anyone, especially not to Billy.

One thing led to another and eventually Zoe had completely undressed Billy, her dress now coming off.

"Wait stop stop stop—" Zoe said, pushing him away from her. "I can't do this... i'm sorry," Zoe shrugged, grabbing her dress from the floor.

Billy sighed. "I see right through you Zoe," Billy said. Zoe looked up at him with a sad look in her eyes. "Swallow your god damn pride and admit that you miss me! Admit that I was the best thing to ever happen to you and that you want me to be yours again," Billy yelled.

Zoe flinched at his loud voice. "You were never mine to start off with, Billy," Zoe whispered.

"I was. We both know that," Billy replied. "I love you, Zoe! I've loved you for months now and I will love you for the rest of my life," Billy said. "So stop pretending that you don't need anyone because I see right through the act!" Billy yelled.

"Get out! Leave!" Zoe said, tear welling up in her eyes. "I don't need anyone."

"I'm standing here naked, Zoe," Billy said. Zoe glanced up at him. "Please, let me in all the way. Let me help you, I won't hurt you," Billy explained. "I just want to give you everything that I can."

Zoe wiped the tears from her eyes. "I need time to think... please, Billy," Zoe whispered, trying her best to not let anymore tears fall. "Getting only half of me just wont be enough, so please have patience's until i'm fully ready again," Zoe said.

Billy sighed with a nod. He quickly got dressed and placed a kiss on her forehead before leaving the house.

The next day Zoe had invited Katherine, Lindsey and Courtney over to discuss what had happened to her the day before.

The girls felt a mix of emotions including, anger, excitement, and even happiness. Zoe didn't know how to feel.

The girls were all sat on Zoe's bed listening to her. "What am I supposed to do?" Zoe asked, confused.

"Wait until you're ready, just like you said," Courtney replied. The other girls agreed.

"You can't jump back into a relationship with him, even if you do like him, you still need to be ready," Lindsey added. "It would be unfair on him if you said yes and you were unready... even if he can't see that."

"I agree with everything just said, give it time. Let yourself become open to the situation," Katherine smiled. "Everything will play out just how it's supposed to, Zoe," Katherine said.

Zoe sighed. "Thanks guys," she smiled, hugging them all. She appreciated everything they did for her.