4 2

𝖆𝖈𝖙 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗, 𝖘𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖊 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝖙𝖜𝖔

GUILT
___________________________________

Zoe felt like she was carrying the weight of the world on her shoulders. The amount of guilt she had was weighing her down and making her feel major anxiety and disappointment, she knew how it felt to be cheated on and even if Jessica didn't actually give a shit about Billy, Zoe still felt bad for what her drunken self had done.

Zoe was currently at the hospital and she was explaining everything to father, even the alcohol and sex. Zoe knew she was over sharing but she had to tell someone who wouldn't tell her how to feel. Someone who would simply listen and her father was perfect for that right now.

Zoe was sobbing into the blanket and when she looked back up she got the shock of her life to see her father's eyes wide open. Zoe screamed and jumped up. She ran into the corridor and called over a doctor.

Doctors rushed into the room and began to examine her father. While they were doing this, Zoe was asked to leave the room to make more room. Zoe used this time to give Katherine a call and without no time all of her friends were at the hospital to support Zoe who was now sobbing uncontrollably.

After months of having no parental figure in her life, he was finally awake. Zoe knew things wouldn't be the same though, she knew that he may have to learn how to walk again and possibly even talk.

The doctors called Zoe back into the room and she saw that her father was stable. They explained to her that he would have to learn how to do the basic things again, such as movement and speech, just like she assumed.

Zoe sat down besides her father and grabbed his hand. Zoe felt him give her hand a soft squeeze and she smiled at him, he gave her a weak smile in return.

"I missed you so much," Zoe said. Zoe watched as Robert tried to speak. She stopped him, "it's okay... I know you missed me too."

Robert wasn't allowed out of the hospital yet so Zoe went home without her father, but she was happy that he had woken up. All of her friends were there to support her and to Zoe's dismay, Billy had brought Jessica along.

Zoe felt even more guilt than she ever had in her entire life. She noticed Jessica's eyes travel to the hickey on Zoe's beck a few times. It was a very evident hickey, not even Zoe's makeup could cover it, but Zoe couldn't help but think that maybe she knew.

Zoe sighed and sat down on the couch. Things between Billy and herself were rather awkward now. They had sex but couldn't remember it at all.

"Billy, this is boring," Jessica said, standing up from her seat. The group glanced over at the girl. "Take me home please," Jessica crossed her arms.

"Can't you take the bus?" Billy asked. "I don't want to leave," he said. Jessica raised her eyebrows. "Or wait until i'm ready to go," Billy said.

Jessica scoffed. "This is so ridiculous, every time we're with your friends you do this!" Jessica yelled.

"No need to yell babe, I just miss hanging with my friends is all," Billy shrugged. Jessica shook her head and began to collect her things.

"I'll just ring my dad and ask him to get me," Jessica said. "Zoe, where is your phone?" She asked. Zoe pointed over to the kitchen and watched as the blonde girl made her way to the room.

A few minutes passed and Jessica came waddling back out. "Is he coming to get you?" Billy asked. Jessica nodded and began to walk to the front door. "I'll wait with you," Billy jumped up and ran after her.

Jessica sat down on the porch and Billy sat next to her. "Do you love me, Billy?" Jessica asked.

"Of course I do," Billy replied.

"Or do you love Zoe?" She whispered. Billy furrowed his eyebrows. "You haven't told me you love me in days, Billy," Jessica said. "And I see the way you look at her... you're giving her the same looks you did when we first started dating," Jessica sighed.

"I never liked her! I just used her... for sex," Billy said. "But you... you're... well, you're perfect for me," Billy smiled.

Katherine gasped from the other side of the door. The group had been listening to the conversation the entire time. They glanced over at Zoe who's expression hadn't changed.

"You okay?" Lindsey asked, confused as Zoe didn't look bothered by the words.

Zoe nodded. "Actually, i've never been better. I'm over him and my dad is finally awake, I have no reason to be upset over it," Zoe shrugged and walked away from the door and back over to the couch.

The group, except for Katherine who wanted to keep listening followed after Zoe and sat down on the couch with her. They continued their movie.

Jesse and Lindsey would occasionally check over at Zoe and she looked completely fine. They eventually shrugged it off and decided that Zoe truly was okay and she was. Zoe didn't care about anything he had said, she was proud of herself for not getting upset over his words.

Katherine eventually came running back over to the couch, and only seconds after she jumped down onto the seat did the front door fly open to reveal Billy.

Zoe watched as he walked over to the group and sat down right next to her. Katherine hid a smile from the teenagers, Billy had been lying and Katherine could tell.