0 6

𝖆𝖈𝖙 𝖔𝖓𝖊, 𝖘𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖊 𝖘𝖎𝖝

THE PARTY___________________________________

THE PARTY
___________________________________

Zoe didn't go to school Wednesday, Thursday or Friday, she has three classes with Brandon and they were assigned to sit next to each other in one of them. She couldn't bare to face him, not yet.

Zoe lied in her bed for three days in a row taking naps on and off and crying in between. Being so counterproductive left her with nothing but her own thoughts and in such dark times her thoughts were always scary, when it was this quiet they were hard to ignore.

The only positive thing that had came out of this was that Zoe took enough naps to finally be all caught up on sleep, but she was still tired. Zoe could of slept for the entire weekend, that was if Courtney hadn't showed up to her house an hour after school would have finished.

"Get your sad ass up, Zoe. You're going to this party no matter what and you are going to wear a skimpy outfit and get Billy's attention," Courtney said, pulling the blankets off of the girl, wet tissues tumbling onto the floor. Courtney opened her closet and began to skim thought her clothes.

"I really don't want to Courtney, I feel horrible," Zoe said, closing her eyes.

"That's because you've been sleeping for three days, Zoe. If you go to the party you will feel much better," Courtney said, pulling open the curtains and opening her window. "I've got pre-drinks!" Courtney giggled.

"Shh! My dad is right across the hall and you know how he is about underage drinking," Zoe said, glaring at Courtney.

Courtney rolled her eyes with a smile. "Yeah, yeah, shut up take a shot," Courtney handed the bottle of vodka over to Zoe.

Zoe grabbed it and immediately took a sip, screwing up her face. "That's all for me Court, in case you've forgotten one of us has to drive and considering i'm a lightweight it won't be good if i'm drunk and driving," Zoe said.

Courtney nodded. "Yeah, probably wouldn't be good," Courtney giggled. "We can take my car if you don't wanna leave your car unattended at the party."

"It's fine, Courtney," Zoe chuckled.

"Okay good because I wanted to show up in style," Courtney giggled. Zoe rolled her eyes with a smile, jumping out of bed to pick an outfit.

Zoe went for a thigh high pink plaid dress with a short sleeved white top underneath, she pulled her docs over her feet and headed towards the bathroom where she curled her hair and applied some light makeup.

"Damn, Zoe! You look cute," Courtney chuckled. "You'll definitely get Billy's attention now."

Zoe rolled her eyes. "C'mon Courtney, that's not why i'm going to this party," Zoe said, shaking her head as she snatched her keys from her bedside table. "Let's go." Zoe peeked into her dads room. "I'm going out, I don't know when i'll be home," Zoe said.

Robert nodded. "Stay safe," Robert said.

"Always am," Zoe smiled, walking away from her dads room and down the stairs.

The girls arrived at the party right on time and a wide grin made its way to Courtney's face. "Billy's car is here, so you know what that means? Billy is here," Courtney said.

Zoe groaned. "Seriously Courtney, drop it!" Zoe yelled, shaking her head at the girl as she jumped out of the car. Courtney giggled.

The two walked inside the nice white coloured house, both mumbling to each other about certain details within the house, like how nice they found the carpet to be.

"Brandon, one o'clock," Courtney said, stopping Zoe in her tracks and turning to face her. "Here's what's gonna happen, you're going to walk past him and not even give him a glance. Just walk straight past him and into the yard so you can be with the rest of the party, I'll follow after you," Courtney said.

Zoe rolled her eyes. "Alright," she shrugged. Courtney grinned pushing her forward, ready to watch her be a bad bitch. Zoe looked over at Brandon before she began walking, he was wearing a leather jacket and a pair of jeans. He looked cute and Zoe wanted to run over to him and give him a kiss, but she knew better.

Zoe shook her head, walking towards the back door, completely ignoring Brandon who had his eyes on her the entire time she moved from the kitchen to the backyard. She didn't pay him a glance and it hurt, he wore the leather jacket because he knew that she loved it and he knew that she'd be here.

Ignoring Brandon didn't make Zoe feel as empowered as it should of, in fact she was just upset. Zoe didn't want to be upset when she was out with her best friend so the second that Courtney arrived, Zoe grabbed the vodka bottle out of her hands and took a large swig of it, not even bothered by the burning sensation in her throat.

"That was epic, Zoe. You should of seen his face!" Courtney chuckled.

Zoe shrugged. "Wasn't as fun as it looked," she said, grabbing Courtney's hand and dragging her into the crowd where they began dancing, each taking swigs of the vodka from time to time.

Zoe noticed a Ben Chiver pointing at Courtney. Zoe furrowed her eyebrows and tapped Courtney on the shoulder. "I think Ben wants you!" Zoe yelled over the music.

Courtney spun around and grinned. "I'll be back!" she yelled back before walking off to talk to him. Zoe was assuming that the two were slowly becoming a thing. Zoe was happy for Courtney, Ben was dumb but he was nice.

Zoe made her way out of the crowd of people and over to the fire pit where less people were, the vodka bottle still in her hand. She took another huge swig of the liquid. Zoe was dizzy and she knew that soon she would blackout drunk, she didn't mind though. Zoe began dancing on her own, she didn't have a care in the world and she loved it... until she glanced over towards the house, trying to find Courtney but instead finding Brandon making out with some random girl that Zoe had never seen.

Zoe felt her heart break even more, was he really so unaffected by the breakup? Zoe wished that they could swap places, she wanted to make him hurt as much as she did. Zoe's eyes scanned the crowd, until finally she found him. Billy Hargrove.