2 9

𝖆𝖈𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊, 𝖘𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖊 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖊

THE TALK
___________________________________

By Tuesday, Zoe had grown the confidence to actually speak with Billy. She stopped him in the car park and they ended up sitting in his car.

"I don't know where to start," Zoe whispered. She glanced at him. "I have so many questions," she said.

Billy nodded. "Just ask them," he said, looking down at his lap.

"You told me you wanted to go official when I get back, I get back and you have a girlfriend... i'm so confused," Zoe furrowed her eyebrows. "Not only did you have time to meet someone, but you had time to start dating them also, which makes me wonder if you ever even liked me... were you just using me?" Zoe asked.

Billy looked at her. "No, God no. I wasn't using you Zoe," Billy said.

"It's feels like you were," Zoe said.

"Look, it's not my fault that you left," Billy sighed.

"For 3 weeks!" she yelled in return.

"We weren't official," Billy said.

"But we were exclusive," Zoe said, tears pricking her eyes. She looked at her hands, trying to hide her face from him.

"I'm sorry, okay?" Billy sighed, putting his head in his hands. "I wish that we could be together, but we can't," Billy said.

"Why?!" she screamed, looking at him. Billy noticed the tears rolling down her cheeks, he felt horrible.

"We just can't, it would never work... I would break you," Billy sighed.

"I was already broken," Zoe spat, opening the car door and slamming it shut, she ran far away from his car and all the way to the bathroom where she cried.

Zoe missed the first two periods and ended up leaving school at lunchtime.

Robert was home and Donna was there also. Zoe groaned, heading inside her house and running up to her room so they wouldn't catch her crying.

"Zoe! What the hell are you doing home?!" Robert yelled.

Zoe slammed her bedroom door and sobbed into her pillow, she just wanted to be enough for someone. Zoe wanted to find someone who would love her forever and never leave or cheat on her.

Robert entered her room, leaving Donna downstairs thankfully. He sat on her bed, rubbing her back as she cried.

Zoe sat up and gave him a hug, that's all she needed right now.

"What's wrong?" Robert whispered, hugging her tight.

"Billy has a girlfriend now," Zoe whispered. Robert sighed, rubbing her back. "I don't want to feel this way again dad, I can't do it," Zoe said, pulling away from him.

Robert wiped the tears from her face. "I know, Zoe, that's why I bought you those pills. They help, okay? They really do, so please take them if you feel that you need them," Robert said.

Zoe pursed her lips, she never thought she would have to take them again, but maybe she will.

"Do you want me to stay or leave?" Robert asked.

"Leave," Zoe replied. Robert nodded and left her room.

Zoe stood up and headed over to her draw where she had hid the antidepressants. She grabbed them and glanced down at her hand, did she really want to start taking them again?

Her question was answered when she popped one in her mouth.

Zoe felt hopeless once again. She felt as though she wasn't human. Taking pills to give her false hope that she was okay. Just what Zoe wanted.