3 7

𝖆𝖈𝖙 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗, 𝖘𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝖘𝖊𝖈𝖊𝖓

NEW ZOE, OLD BILLY
___________________________________

School finished as quickly as it started, and graduation wasn't as exciting as it appeared to be in the movies, Summer was finally here and Zoe couldn't be happier. Zoe's lifetime wish of a beach magically appearing in Hawkins still hasn't happened, but like most Summer's she was at the pool, lapping up the sun and getting a tan.

Usually Zoe would spend all Summer with Courtney, but considering Courtney and Zoe weren't on the best terms, Zoe was spending it with her new friends... who weren't so new anymore.

Unfortunately for Zoe, Billy had managed to score himself a job as the lifeguard at the pool. Which meant almost every time she went to the pool, he would be there. Zoe didn't let it drag her down though, in fact she made sure to keep her head high so that Billy could see that she was fine. Zoe didn't need him.

Zoe didn't need any man to save her. Except her father, who was still asleep. He had been in a coma for almost 2 months now and Zoe was slowly going insane because of it. Her birthday was right around the corner and she hoped that he woke up. The doctors told her that whenever she would mention her birthday around her dad his heart rate would increase the slightest, which was a rather good sign.

As of right now, Zoe was at the pool with Katherine, Lindsey and Jesse. Lindsey and Jesse were arguing about something silly and Katherine was trying her best to tan, although her fair skin would most likely just burn, she still tried though.

Zoe jumped off of the chair, dropping her towel onto the ground. "Like my new bikini?" Zoe asked, giving the group a spin to show off the red bikini she had bought.

Katherine's eyes widened. "That's so pretty!" She giggled. "I want a bikini so bad but my dad would kill me if he found out I had one," she sighed.

"It's cute for you, I wouldn't be able to pull it off," Lindsey shrugged.

"Hell no!" Jesse yelled, glaring at his girlfriend. "If you wore that shit i'd make you change," Jesse said. "Unless it's in the bedroom," he winked, nudging Lindsey.

Lindsey raised an eyebrow at him and Zoe could tell war was about to start. "I'm going swimming!" Zoe waved and skipped off.

Zoe headed over to the diving board and as usual, Billy was seated in the lifeguard post. Zoe sighed when she glanced up and noticed him staring down at her. Zoe dived off of the board and into the water.

She swam over to her friends and smiled at them. "Hop in with me, Kathy!" Zoe said. Katherine glanced at her and shook her head. Zoe rolled her eyes, pushing herself away from the edge.

Zoe swam around on her own for a bit until she decided she was bored and climbed out using the ladder.

Billy watched as the girl who could of been his rung her wet hair out. Her wet body travelled away from the pool and over to her friends and he watched her the entire way.

Her butt looked good in those swim bottoms and Billy felt that familiar feeling he felt whenever Zoe would tease him in class... he was with Jessica now. Billy shook the dirty thoughts out of his head and focused on the pool.

Zoe knew he was staring, she could feel his stare all over her. Zoe didn't care, it was his loss, not hers.

Zoe had grown over the past few weeks and her sad days had seemed to almost disappear. She dropped all her bad habits and was finally bettering herself.

"Let's swim," Lindsey said, dragging Jesse out of his seat and over to the water. Jesse shoved Lindsey into the water and she squealed, pulling Jesse in with her. A huge splash of water smacked Katherine in the back and she squealed.

"Seriously?" She glared over at the couple who were splashing each other. Lindsey and Jesse burst into laughs. "So not funny," Katherine shook her head, laying back down.

Zoe smiled, giggling over at the pair who were now wrestling in the water. Unlike usual, Zoe didn't wish that she had someone to do that with. Zoe had herself and that was all that mattered.

After all, in the end she only had herself to count on anyways.