3 3

𝖆𝖈𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊, 𝖘𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊

UNRESPONSIVE
___________________________________

Zoe found herself rushing to the hospital on the weekend. Her father had been in a car crash and was currently unresponsive. Zoe had never drove somewhere faster in her entire life, she was surprised that she hadn't been pulled over by the cops.

Zoe raced into the hospital and up to the desk. "Hello, Miss," the receptionist smiled.

"Hi, I'm here to see Robert Watson," Zoe said, pursing her lips.

"And you are?" The woman asked.

"His daughter, Zoe Watson," Zoe said, hoping that the conversation would go faster.

"Wonderful, as of right now, Mr. Watson is unable to see visitors," she said. Zoe furrowed her eyebrows and pursed her lips. "But family should be allowed in very shortly, so if you'd like to take a seat i'll tell you when you're good to head in," She smiled at Zoe.

Zoe nodded, "thank you." Zoe walked away from the desk and took a seat in the waiting bay. Zoe wiped her wet eyes, there was no point in trying not to cry. Her father was unresponsive. If she lost him she would have no one.

Zoe stood up, she headed over to the phone and dialled the only number she knew off by heart. Billy's.

"Pick up," Zoe whispered.

"Hello?" Max's familiar voice rang through her ears.

"Hey, Max, it's Zoe," Zoe said, her voice shaky.

"Hey Zoe, i'm guessing you want Billy?" Max asked.

"Yes, please," Zoe said. Zoe heard Max call his name a few seconds later Billy was saying hello into the phone. "Billy, I really need you right now," Zoe said, her hands shaking the phone.

"Now isn't a good time, Zoe," Billy said.

"No. Please, i'm at the hospital," Zoe said, her voice cracking. "My dad... he... he was in a car crash and he's unresponsive and I just really need someone right now, please," Zoe said.

"I'm sorry Zoe, now isn't a good time," Billy sighed. Zoe felt tears fill her eyes. Zoe heard the familiar voice of Jessica in the background and she pursed her lips.

"I'm sorry for disturbing you," Zoe said and before he could speak she hung up the phone.

Zoe sat back down and cried into her hands. Zoe really did feel alone now, if she lost her dad she would have no one.

After hours of waiting, finally the receptionist told Zoe she could go visit her dad. The lady gave Zoe the room number and she practically ran to his room.

A doctor was seated inside of the room with a clipboard in his hands. "You must be Miss Watson, Mr. Watson's daughter. I'm Dr. Boston," the doctor said. Zoe nodded, trying her best to smile at him. "Alright, well, as of right now he is stable, but he's in a coma," the doctor explained.

"When will he wake up?" Zoe asked.

"We don't know, if could be soon, it could be a long time away or there's even a chance that he may never wake up," he said. Zoe began to cry. "I'm sorry Miss Watson," he handed her a box of tissues.

"It's alright," Zoe sighed, grabbing the tissue box. "Thank you," she said.

"When the crash happened, your father's head smashed into the side window very forcefully, which caused his coma," the doctor explained. "We stabilised his heartbeat as it kept almost flatlining and this is the best we could do, coma's aren't really in our control. We just have to wait for him to be responsive again, usually talking can help bring people out of comas," Dr. Boston began to explain. "Just talk about things like what you did during the day and stuff along those lines," he said.

Zoe nodded. "Thank you," she smiled at him.

"It's fine, i'll leave you alone with him," Dr. Boston stood up. "If you need help just go ahead and press that red button on the wall and a nurse will come and assist you. Don't stress if his heartbeat starts to decrease or increase by a lot, the doctors will come rushing in immediately to help," he said.

"Okay, thank you," Zoe said. He gave her one last nod before leaving the room.

Zoe sighed and sat next to her father, she held his hand. "Please be okay dad, please wake up. I need you here with me," Zoe said.