3 1

𝖆𝖈𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊, 𝖘𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝖔𝖓𝖊

THAT FRIEND
___________________________________

Zoe had woken up the next morning to find a note next to her. Lindsey and Katherine had left to get groceries as Katherine's parents had asked her too. Zoe yawned and threw the note in the trash. She opened the door and headed for the bathroom.

On her way out she ran into Michael once again. "Good morning," he smiled down at her.

"Morning," Zoe mumbled back. By now the antidepressants had worn off and she felt like the same old Zoe as usual. She was sad, angry and in constant pain. Her entire body ached and she didn't know why, all she knew is that she wanted Billy to be hers.

Zoe stared at Michael's bare back as he walked back to his room and pursed her lips and followed after him. Maybe Michael was the distraction she needed, maybe Michael could be her new Billy.

Everything happened so fast, the kissing, the undressing, nothing was romantic about it and it reminded her of how things use to be with Brandon.

Right as the action was about to happen Zoe stopped him. "I can't... I can't do it, i'm sorry," she whispered, burying her head into her hands.

Michael stopped what he was doing. "It's okay, you don't need to be sorry," Michael replied. "If its because of Katherine I promise you she won't care at all," he explained.

"It's not her," Zoe said. "I though I could, but it's not the same," she sighed.

Michael nodded, he had been with girls like Zoe before. Lost girls who recently were dumped. Some of them were fine with having sex with him and some of them knew it wouldn't compare to what they already had and that was okay. Everyone moves on in different ways.

Zoe jumped off of his bed and changed back into her clothes. "Tell the girls I felt sick and had to head home," Zoe said, walking into Katherine's room and collecting her things.

Michael nodded, "alright."

"Thank you," she replied, giving him one last smile as she headed down the stairs to leave the house.

Zoe jumped into her car and drove off, she didn't go home though. Zoe drove downtown, only to find out that her favourite diner had been shut down. Obviously it had gone bankrupt thanks to Starcourt Mall being built. Zoe sighed, could her life any worse?

Zoe placed her head on the steering wheel and began to cry. Zoe was broken beyond compare and she wasn't sure if she could be fixed ever again. Maybe she was being over dramatic, but maybe she wasn't. Was it worth it if in the end she was just going to feel like this?

Zoe sat up, she wiped her eyes and drove away once again. Zoe had no where to go, so she drove around the entire day until it was nightfall.

When she finally returned home her father asked her how her day was and she told him it was great, but really it was hell. Zoe just wanted to sleep, hopefully forever.

Robert knocked on the girls bedroom door, causing her to wake up and mumble a come in.

"Someone's here for you, darling," Robert said, pushing her door open.

Zoe groaned and opened her eyes to see Billy standing with her father. Robert gave her a smile and left the 2 teenagers alone.

Billy shut the door and took a seat on her chair.

"What do you want?" Zoe spat, glaring at him as she sat up.

Billy sighed, "I don't want Jessica to prevent us from being friends, okay? Just because I have a girlfriend now doesn't mean I don't want to hang out still."

"I don't want to hang out as friends, Billy," Zoe said, trying her best to not cry.

"Why not? Did you use me for sex? Is that why?" He asked, growing angry.

"How dare you say that to me!" Zoe yelled, glaring at him. "If anything you used me, you managed to replace me within 3 weeks. You're a jerk," Zoe said, shaking her head.

"I'm sorry okay?" Billy said, pursing his lips. "How many times do I have to say it?"

"I'm back to square one thanks to you," Zoe said, letting her tears fall once again. "I don't know how to survive on my own and all of a sudden everyone is expecting me to be able too!" Zoe yelled. "Fuck you for leaving me Billy Hargrove, you were best worst mistake of my life and I'm in love with you and I hate myself for it," Zoe cried.

Billy moved to the edge of her bed. "That's why I had to leave, Zoe, before I hurt you even more," Billy whispered.

"Fuck you," Zoe spat. "I wish I could unlove you, I wish I could take it all back!" She yelled.

Billy sighed. "Don't day that, Zoe. You don't mean it," Billy said, sadly.

"I wish I could mean it," Zoe replied, wiping her eyes. "Please leave."

Billy stood up, sadly. He left her room and headed down the stairs to face Robert who was standing with Donna.

"Don't worry, she will come around," Robert said, patting him on the shoulder. Billy gave him a sad smile and left the mansion. "None of this would be happening if you had just stayed away from Brandon," Robert said, glaring at Donna.

"This isn't my fault," Donna scoffed. Robert chuckled, rolling his eyes. "Maybe she should just take her meds and be happy, it's that simple," the woman crossed her arms.

Robert's eyes widened. "What the fuck?" he glared at the woman. "If only it were that simple, Donna," Robert said.

"But it is," she chuckled, giving him a goofy smile as though the situation was funny.

"Get out," Robert said. Donna's smile disappeared. "I said leave," he repeated.

"Why?" Donna asked, grabbing his hand.

Robert pulled his hand from her grip. "You're vile, how dare you talk about my daughter like that and how dare you hurt her," Robert spat. "My daughter is in a dark place right now and she doesn't need an evil woman like you lingering around."

"What are you saying?" Donna asked, pursing her lips.

"It's over and for good this time, now leave," Robert said, leading her over to the door.

Donna shook her head with a glare, "you will regret this."

"No I won't," Robert replied, closing the door right in her face. The man headed up to his daughters room to give her affection and attempt to make her feel better.
__________________

AUTHOR NOTE

This book is trending number 1 in the mila kunis hashtag & im highkey very happy! 🥳🥳