2 0

𝖆𝖈𝖙 𝖙𝖜𝖔, 𝖘𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖊 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞

CONFRONTATION___________________________________

CONFRONTATION
___________________________________

Zoe stared at her ceiling. She didn't get much sleep last night or the night before. Zoe didn't know how to ask her dad about what she saw and luckily for him he had to work until late yesterday.

Zoe ended up cancelling her plans to go to the mall with Billy, she needed time alone right now to let everything absorb and to find a way to talk to her dad.

Zoe felt betrayed, why was he kissing Donna? She caused the two of them so much pain. Zoe pursed her lips as she jumped out of bed. She quickly had a shower and threw her messy brown hair into a bun. Zoe changed into a clean pair of grey sweatpants and a plain white top.

She headed downstairs where she found her dad sitting in the kitchen, reading the newspaper. Zoe stared at him for a couple of seconds before she entered the room.

Robert looked up and smiled at his daughter, she didn't return to gesture and instead looked away and walked over to the fruit bowl. Zoe grabbed a banana and took a seat across from her father.

"Good morning, Zoe," Robert said, flipping the page of the paper. Zoe didn't reply which made Robert look up, only to find her sadly staring down at the banana. "What's wrong, dear?" He asked, concerned. Robert placed the newspaper down and stared at her with curiosity.

Zoe sighed, she couldn't bring herself to look him in the eyes. "Why?" she asked. Before Robert could ask what she was talking about, Zoe answered. "I saw you with Donna, why?" Zoe finally looked up at him.

Robert pursed his lips. "Look, Zoe. You have to understand—" Zoe cut the man off.

"How long?" she asked, anger taking over her.

"Since last week... i've been keeping it hidden. I knew you wouldn't take it well and I wanted to tell you in the most painless way possible," Robert said.

"Why? Why are you with her again? She hurt you— and me so much!" Zoe yelled, glaring at her father. She balled her hands into fists.

"I know she did, but i'm always ready to give people second chances. She makes me happy Zoe, my happiness matters doesn't it?" Robert said, trying to make her understand.

"So does mine," Zoe spat, standing up. She left the kitchen and headed back up to her room. Zoe slammed her door which made a noise so loud that she was sure Robert would of heard it, and he did.

Robert sighed, putting his head in his hands. He felt torn, Donna made him happy and she promised to never hurt him again, but Zoe was the most important thing to him. Robert wanted so desperately to be happy. He decided to let everything play out and if Zoe and Donna couldn't get back to how they were before and Zoe was completely miserable that he would say goodbye to Donna forever.

Zoe spent the remainder of the day locked in her room. Sometimes she would cry and other times she would scream into her pillow. She was hungry, but she was also stubborn so she pushed through the hunger until finally she fell fast asleep.

Zoe was exhausted and she most definitely wasn't ready to go back to school tomorrow. Zoe needed one thing and that one thing was Billy. Zoe needed to see Billy, she needed him to tell her that everything would be okay, because she's not going to believe it until the words come from his mouth.

________________________

AUTHORS NOTE

Hey all, sorry for disappearing for a bit. Things got a little rough for me in the New Year. Not a good way to begin 2020, but on the bright side i am back! Only a small chapter today as that's all i had time to write.

Hope you all had a safe and happy New Year and remember i'm always here if you ever need to chat. You are all loved and worth it!

Until next time,

— H