4 5

𝖆𝖈𝖙 𝖋𝖎𝖛𝖊, 𝖘𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖊 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝖋𝖎𝖛𝖊

KIND OF LIKE IT
___________________________________

Zoe woke up to sunlight pouring through her window. She happily left her bed to head downstairs. Robert was cooking breakfast for the two in kitchen. He had been home for a couple of weeks now and he was completely back to his old habits, except for work, he had to wait a few more weeks until he returned to his job.

"Morning dad," Zoe smiled, giving him a hug. He hugged her in return.

"Pancakes are cooking," Robert grinned. Zoe chuckled and took a seat, chatting away to her father as she waited for her breakfast.

Eventually it was served and the two talked while they ate. Once they were finished Zoe headed upstairs and changed into her bathing suit. She skipped down the stairs and bid goodbye to her dad.

Zoe jumped into her car. She picked up her friends on the way, Billy included.

Many things had changed in the past few weeks. Zoe and Billy were on good speaking terms, Courtney, Brandon and Zoe were okay again. Zoe had finally forgave Brandon for what he had done and decided to put it all in the past, which is why the couple were at the pool with them. The remainder of the group hadn't changed much, Katherine was single and Jesse and Lindsey were still together.

The group set up at the pool. Billy started his shift in an hour, so coming with the group was rather convenient for him.

Zoe dumped her things on her chair and immediately headed for the water. She dove in and following right after her was Billy.

Everyone was beginning to notice just how close Billy was attempting to get to Zoe. Katherine knew exactly what his intentions were, the boy wanted her back.

The rest of the group jumped into the pool and they all began to swim around together.

Zoe jumped out of the pool about an hour later, the rest of her friends were still happily swimming around. Zoe walked over to her bag to pull out her water bottle and take a gulp from it when she felt a slap right on her ass.

Zoe turned her head over her shoulder with her jaw dropped, only to come face to face with a boy she recognised from school laughing with a group of his friends. This group of boys were in the grade below Zoe and they were troublemakers.

"What the fuck?" Zoe yelled, glaring at them. "Do you have any respect for people at all?" She asked, arms crossed.

"I respect that butt of yours!" The boy yelled, making the group laugh.

Zoe felt so embarrassed. Her face began to flush red, she wanted to run away but she couldn't. She felt frozen, she wanted to show them that she was tough.

"Yeah... well—" Zoe was cut off by a hand on her shoulder being placed on her shoulder. She glanced over the boys to see Billy. He was walking right towards them and Zoe could tell he was pissed.

"What's the problem?" Billy asked, stopping right behind them. Zoe watched as the boys stopped laughing and even hunched into themselves. They were scared of Billy.

"N—Nothing! Just talking," one of them said, his voice filled with fear.

"Are you guys bothering Zoe?" Billy asked, raising his eyebrows.

"No!" Another one yelled. "We wouldn't do that... she's your girl after all," he said.

Zoe furrowed her eyebrows. She most definitely wasn't Billy's girl, but if the shoe fits then Zoe would go along with it just this once...

"Right... well I happened to see exactly what you did," Billy said, crossing his arms. Zoe watched as the boy who slapped her gulped. "I'm not impressed and you have about 30 seconds to fuck off or i'll rip all of your fucking throats out," Billy smiled.

The boys scattered off and out of the pool. Zoe began to chuckle, she coughed to cover her giggles and glanced at Billy who was smiling at her.

"Thank you," she said, rubbing her arm.

"No problem... are those new swimmers?" Billy asked, using it as an excuse to finally look her up and down.

"Uh... yeah, got them for my birthday," Zoe smiled. "Just to clear things up, i'm not your girl," she chuckled.

Billy nodded. "Yet," he said, touching her chin as he walked past her. Zoe turned around and watched him as he walked away.

Zoe pursed her lips as she felt all the blood in her body shoot to her face. She couldn't believe that he had said that...

And why did she kind of like it?