Case 4 -The Stone Killer

3rd Person's POV

"15,16,17,18,19...mm 20!" He counted "you are my 20th one" he said in a menacing voice as he wiped his bloody hands on his victim's shirt ..

"I like this , your blood, your smell, your expressions." He smirked as he sniffed the blood on her shirt and caressed her cheeks tilting his head.

"Which stone ring should i put on you? Ruby?emerald?." He lifted her cold hand and scrutinised her fingers " emerald then since your eyes were of emerald colour" he said as he glanced towards her face .

Slipping his hand in his pocket , he took out a bundle of rings with different stones.Picking the emerald one out, he slipped it in the ring finger of his victim as he slightly kissed her hand.

He stood up from his position as the gust of wind blew past him swaying his shirt.

He took one last glance at his victim as her body laid lifeless , cold and pale , a pool of blood right beneath her , the gash on her chest still fresh.

The only thing that was full of life and illuminated the velvet dark night was the emerald ring that he had put on her finger.

Even her long red curly hair , that once shone brightly,a hair colour he always admires, they seemed as if they were bleached.. so dull and desolate.

Proud of his work , he let out a laugh of joy as he threaded his way through the wild trees until he was no longer in sight.

-

"Hey has anyone seen jane?" Choi y/n said as she peeked into one of the camps.

"No why?" Zoey answered

"Wasn't she supposed to sleep in your camp?" Mina asked
"Yes, its almost 1 am and she isn't here yet, she went to walk out for a while but its almost 1 hour and she hasn't returned yet."

"Whats the commotion?" Tyson spoke as he got out of his camp along side with Tyler

"Its just Jane! She hasn't be back yet! Its an hour already!"

"Don't worry babe , she ll come back! I can sleep with you tonight if you want." Tyson winked as he pecked y/n on her lips.

"Yaahh! Stop it !! I am not in the mood." She crossed her arms in protest.
"B-but."
"Ok ok guys lets go find her." Tyler suggested as he turned on the torch to which all of them nodded.

-

30 minutes later

"Stay close everyone" Tyson said as y/n clutched on his arm

All 5 of them tried to search for their friend Jane as they lead their way in the darkness of the woods.

The darkness pressed on them from all sides as the cold wind pierced their skin.

"Guys , i prefer we go back , maybe she is back already." Mina uttered , fear getting the best of her.

"No mina , she is my best friend, what if she is in some kind of trouble!i am not going back." Y/n answered back.

"Hey what are you scared for ,Its not like a wolf or a bear would have devoured her up" it was Tyler this time , who laughed , mimicking growls of wild animals.

Just that instant a vague growls of bear and wolf were heard making them stop dead in their tracks

"You know what?maybe Mina is right! We should go back , lets go!" Tyson said as he grabbed her hand and turned away.

"No!i am not going back! Are you crazy?she might be in some kind of trouble!" She said almost shouting

"Slow it down guys , unless you want them to hear you." Zoey whispered

"You know what? i am going back." Tyson said looking straight in y/n's eyes.

"Mee too!" Mina raised her hand as she followed Tyson behind

"Oh come on Guys." Y/n protest as Zoey and Tyler followed them.

"You know what y/n, maybe she is playing a prank with us , or maybe she is out there in the forest probably making out with some random passerby" Tyler laughed again as he sang along a song.

"Oh shut up tyler, whats wrong with you? You only know how to joke around." Zoey poked his chest.

Not long before a scream was heard.

"Whats wrong mina?" Y/n asked as she got by her side

Mina stood dead in her tracks , her pupils dilated as she looked at something at a small distance away , just ahead of her there was Tyson who also looked as if soul has been driven out of his body. The torch that was once in his hand fell and rolled down on the ground and stopped due to something that blocked it.

Making her way ahead of tyson , y/n picked up the torch , her legs wobbly , her hands shaky , afraid of what was ahead.

Gulping the nerve that had formed in her throat , she slowly yet dreadfully pointed the torch towards whatever was in front of her.

Jane..
NO
It cant be

She was lifeless, her crimson red hair scattered on all places and stained with dried blood , her green tunic was now bloody , there was a large gash on her chest and there were handprints on the front of her shirt , as if the murderer wiped his hands off her shirt after brutally killing her . There was a sickly sweet butchershop odor surrounding them..

Furthermore, she noticed something different , the emerald ring that she had never seen on her best friend's finger.

It suddenly reminded her of something similar, she had already seen something like this before, something exactly like this, but where ? She couldn't remember..

Y/n 's heartbeat pounded on her chest as warm tears trickled down her cheeks and only one thing came in her mind . "Who could have done this to her best friend?"

-

The police and ambulance were called as they took jane's body away.

"You guys should be careful , don't roam around just like that specially at night , this is the same case as the previous one , a serial killer is out there killing young girls , your friend was his 20th victim. We are currently working on it but we still haven't been able to catch him." The police officer sighed as he pursed him lips in a thin line before continuing.

"Also, we would like you guys to come with us , we need your statements. I can understand your state now, you just lost your friend but we need all of your help.Go home for now , but tomorrow you guys have to come with us to meet the lawyer who is in charge of this serial killer case." The police officer gave an assuring smile and walked away...

So what do you guys think?
Who will be the lawyer in charge??

Feel free to leave your comments
Dont forget to vote
Shabiha