Case 5- Hit and Run

3rd person's POV

"Jack!did you finish your breakfast?"

"Yes mommy i did!!"

"Good boy." She came as she ruffled her son's hair

"Are you ready for school now?" She asked

"Yesh!" He replied pulling off a bright smile , one that reminded her of her lover..

*honk honk*

"Oh the school bus is here, lets go." She said as she held her son's hand and took him outside.

The bus was parked across the main road..

"We ll cross the road , don't let go of my hand yet ok!" She smiled to him to which he nodded..

*ring ring*
Her mobile phone rang

"Wait a second ok!" She let go of her son's hand as she opened her purse to take out her phone ..

"Hello?" She called out to the unknown caller
"Hello?" She called out again, whoever the person was , she couldn't hear him clearly..

Little did she know that while she was talking on call , her son had left her side ..

Not a while later , A sound of crash was heard , enough to catch her attention..

Her grip loosened making The mobile fall from her hand, as she looked at the horrible  nerve wrecking scene in front of her..

Her body went numb , as chills and shivers ran down her spine , her heartbeat amplified , loud enough making its way to her ears...

Despite the shouts  of the people and horns of the car , she seemed as if she had lost the ability to hear or listen...

There is someone, someone who came rushing to her , trying to pull her out of her shock, but to no avail..

It was as if she was stuck in a bog and was now sinking in it , submerged enough to unable to be pulled out..

She wanted the earth to open and engulf her as well...

Finally

Finally a scream was heard , a scream strong enough to wake the entire neighbourhood up...
She ran , ran as fast as she can , towards the lifeless body lying infront of her..

"Jack! Jack!" She shouted as warm tears trickled down her cheeks..

There was blood everywhere, his clothes were ripped from several places , there was a large gash on his chest and a huge wound on the back of his head , he seemed pallor than ever ...

Blood poured out of the big wound that was behind his head making a huge pool form by his side..

There were few scratches on his cheeks , but his nose was brutally fractured..

His lips and the tip of his nose were going blue as his eyes stared at something unseen..

His once lilting and jolly eyes were now shallow and empty..

She took his fragile hands in her hand and fringed at their coldness, he  was gone ...

Her screams and cries gaining pity from the crowd that her gathered by..

Even the bus driver was on his knees , checking the little boy..

"Someone call the ambulance" he shouted as people started dialling the police and to the ambulance..

"Is he alright?" Someone from the crowd asked to which the bus driver just shook his head..

Her heart knew that he was no more , she knew it ! But believing it ,wasn't possible,never in her dream she could have imagined loosing the only person that actually had a meaning in her life..

What would she do now? How would she live now?

She let more and more tears fall by as someone approached her and landed a hand on her shoulder , trying to comfort her ..

Ofcourse , thats all they can do!! Pity her, console her..

"Who hit him?" Someone called from the crowd

"Dont know! He ran away" another one answered

And that was enough 'he ran away' that was enough to form a grudge in her heart , grudge that would only go away from revenge..

That was the moment , the moment she had decided , decided that she would find the one who hit her son and put him in jail, she had decided that no matter what she would give justice to her son..

A new case started

So who do you think would be the one to solve the case??

Dont forget to vote and comment
Shabiha