Part 8 - The real murderer

Trial day

Jungkook's POV

"The trial has been started , you all may take your seats and remain calm , in case if you want to say anything , you must raise your hand." The judge ordered

"Your Honour May I speak now."

"You may!"

"Your Honour it seems like we got too careless and caught the wrong person" I spoke as a matter of fact as the judge keenly listened to my statement.

"Director James Cole is not the murderer." I paused as I looked at James Cole sitting in the front row of audience , his wife was here too but they weren't sitting together ." And then I continued "It's someone else , bring him in."

The audience erupted with whispers and gasps as curious eyes observed the hand tied person who was brought up inside the trial room

"Yes it's him , Rob , the so called boyfriend of Nina Ryans."

"Boyfriend?"
"I didn't know she was dating"
"But —."

"Silence!" The judge ordered as the whispers subsided

I gave y/n who was sitting beside my seat an assuring look before looking back at the judge again.

"Your Honour I would like to call Mr James Cole in the witness box"

"You may."

James Cole made his way towards the witness box as I approached to question him

"So tell me Mr James , did you really murder Nina Ryans?"

"I don't know?"

"You dont know?" I raised an eyebrow

"I mean I am not sure." He looked down

"Okay just tell me what you remember from that day."

"I was there in the club , after making an official announcement about my movie , I asked Nina to wait for me in the room. After a while I went inside that room and sensed something and.."

"And then?" I persuade him to continue "and then I don't remember , I just remember waking up and then there was this knife in my hand."

"I didn't have time to think , I wasn't thinking straight so I quickly took out my handkerchief and cleaned the base of the knife before leaving the room."

"Why did you leave ? If you think you weren't guilty."

"I don't know." He grabbed his hair in frustration

"I know I know you didn't do anything." I patted his shoulder as he looked at me with confusing eyes ..

"Your Honour you see , this person standing right there used hypnotism on Mr James Cole."

The judge's eyes narrowed

"On looking upon his background , I got to know that he had learned hypnotism and that's what he used on James , while James asked Nina Ryans to wait in that room , He killed her during that time , he was probably hiding somewhere with an intent to kill , he knew she would be there . After Nina Ryans entered the room , he was quick to kill her and leave .

I paused before continuing "he had already left but he was afraid that one way or another he would get caught so he returned to that room , he had a plan , he knew that the director would be there by now so he went , and hypnotised him, he made hi...

I paused before continuing "he had already left but he was afraid that one way or another he would get caught so he returned to that room , he had a plan , he knew that the director would be there by now so he went , and hypnotised him, he made him think that it was him who murdered her and then he knocked him out ."

I looked at the now embarrassed Rob and continued "when James regained his consciousness , he found knife in his hand and somewhere in the back of the mind he thought that he had killed her so he tried to remove his finger prints and then left that room."

"Yes That's what happened , he didn't kill her." I looked at his wife who was sitting in the audience

"That day when he said he killed her , it's because all this time he was made to think he killed her."

"Now moving on to why Rob killed her , it's because they were former lovers ."

"Nina Ryans loved to get famous , when she got an offer from One of the biggest director of the industry, she was desperate. After meeting up and to
Make their movie a super duper hit and to always keep it under spotlight , Nina Ryans and James Cole decided to date."

"She forgot about her lover and started to go out with him. This is precisely when james Cole started to ignore his wife and started to get violent with her, because somewhere in this act of "dating" he had started to take of liking for Nina Ryans."  I paused before continuing

"Rob couldn't take it so he joined forces with the side actress Kate Carter , who was already wrecked because she couldn't get the main role and that's how it happened , Kate Carter was the one who was there at the party and it was her who informe...

"Rob couldn't take it so he joined forces with the side actress Kate Carter , who was already wrecked because she couldn't get the main role and that's how it happened , Kate Carter was the one who was there at the party and it was her who informed Rob of every minute detail about Nina and James .. like at what time she entered that room etc."

You  all must be thinking why he killed Kate , it's because he got afraid , after we caught Kate , even though she didn't say anything or reveal anything. , he felt insecure and so that is why he finished her off too."

I cleared my throat as I finished my explanation..

"This trial has been finished, listening to all the evidences , the court has decided to remove its charges against the Director James Cole but he will still be in prison because of domestic violence , and for Rob , he will be hanged to death. The trial has been ended , you all may dismiss now."

The judge ordered and with that the case was closed

Sooo what do you all think?
It was the so called boyfriend after all?
Interesting or not?

Don't forget to vote comment and share
Shabiha