Chapter 5

Niall wasn't staying tonight and once it was late enough for me to know that my parents were sleeping I grabbed some old clothes to dry my self off and grabbed the map so I knew exactly where the cave was.

I left the castle and not even that far into the woods I heard so many noises and I had no idea what they are or where they are coming from, all I know is that I had to keep moving.

I reached the cave and looked around to see if I saw anything odd or heard any signs of the night hunters. Once I felt like I was in the clear I went into the lake to try and figure out how to fly and see if I can change back without having to go back in the lake.

I jumped into the lake and there I was again, a dragon. I realized I never focused on how I looked as a dragon so I went closer to the water to see my reflection and I was a greenish looking dragon and it was pretty cool. Once I return back to the castle I can now draw what I looked like. I noticed I had a couple white dots on the bottom of my hand or paw or whatever they are called. I guess it is supposed to be some sort of birth mark. Maybe it has to do with the lake but the lake was light blue so I don't know.

Flying lessons now commenced, horrible again.

While I still didn't get the flying down I did make some progress I managed to only crash into 2 trees. After awhile I felt like I accomplished flying well, low ground flying  and I decided to see how much flying I can do way above the ground. I wasn't nervous about the flying, I was more nervous for being spotted in the sky because I know hunters are out. I then thought that since I was going to be up in the sky I could see them and avoid them.

I found an open area and jumped and hopped that would get me off the ground and it did I was way above the trees and I was up in the sky.

The land looked so wonderful from up here and the castle looked so beautiful. I flew up further and I was in the clouds, I felt so free.

I flew around a couple of times and spotted the hunters and luckily they were on the other side of the woods and away from the cave.

I thought that it would be best to head back down and return to the castle because I needed sleep and to make sure that nobody spotted me flying around. If someone had then they would alert one of the dragon watchers and then it would go to my parents and if that happened they would check to make sure I was safe.

I went to the open area where I took off and made my way back to the cave. I arrived at the cave and I saw another dragon. The dragon was heading into the cave and I was wondering if when they came out it was going to be a human who discovers the cave just like me.

Hiding is a lot harder when you are a dragon but I got down as much as I could and just watched and waited. I hope they don't find my stuff I left but I put it in the way back corner so I'm hoping.

Someone finally came out, it was Hunter. Hunter is the one who usually lets the dragons go, maybe this is why because he knows about this and spent time among other dragons.

He ran off and I ran in the cave and changed back. I grabbed my stuff and headed back to the castle.

At least I know that there might not be a secret into changing back and had to use the lake.

I snuck back into the castle and went straight to my secret room and drew what I looked like and drew what Hunter looked like. I drew Hunter because so I can have the image somewhere just in case our paths cross.

I snuck back into my room and barely got any sleep I had to confront him and ask but if I do that then he will now I also know about the lake. I wasn't sure I wanted that.