Chapter 28

I was pacing back and forth outside the medical room and hoping that either Niall showed up out of nowhere or Hunter woke up. I prefer both but I'm not that lucky.

The doctor came out "he's awake you may go in".

"Thank you".

I opened the door "Hi Hunter may I come in".

"Of course".

"How are you feeling?"

"A lot better but still in pain".

"That's good. If you don't want to talk about it yet you don't have too but what happened".

He took a deep breath "it was a normal hunting night everything was going fine. Then I saw Victor and he wasn't in dragon form yet, then he looked at me and ran. I followed him then that is when the madness started he and two other dragons appeared and started fighting then the fire started. I was about to transform but then the other hunters caught up to me and I had to tell them I saw someone running and lost them. Then the madness became worse, the hunters started trying to get them down and it just made the dragons angry. They stopped what they were doing and just immediately came after us. I think I was the only one who got massively injured because you know I can't hurt the dragons so I just kept trying to get them to come to me. It worked and well here I am. It took a while but they finally flew off except for Victor he wanted a fight. We did everything we could and I couldn't stay and that is when I started to walk here. I noticed that it looked like it calmed down. I'm hoping no one else got hurt".

"I'm glad it wasn't severe and you are too brave".

"I just couldn't hurt them because I am technically one of them. I felt bad I didn't want to fight them so that is why I did that".

"Don't worry you just need to rest".

"Where's Niall?"

"He went out when I woke him up about it. I didn't want him to leave but he insisted on it. I was hoping he would come back with you".

"I didn't even see him out there. I should go back and help".

"No you are resting my dad sent out guards and everything is going to be fine".

"I sure hope so. I'm going to go to sleep again. Keep me updated".

"Of course".

I left the room and I was hoping Niall was fine.

I ran to the front of the castle and hoped someone was going to come.

Nobody.

I was going in a panic and started crying.

"Carrie, hey stop crying" my mother said as she came and hugged me.

"I'm scared. I'm scared".

"I'm sure Niall is okay. He knows how to take care of himself".

"I know I'm worried about everyone. Where's Dad and Grandmother?"

"They both went to the village to make sure that everyone is alright. We are hoping that they didn't even notice and are sleeping through it".

"Okay".

"How's Hunter?"

"He says he feels better but is still in pain. He went back to sleep".

"It's a good thing because he needs rest".

She left and I just wanted to run in those woods and find everyone.

I knew I couldn't I can't put more onto my parents after all this, I had to wait and hope for the best.

I saw grandmother and dad coming up the hill and he had the rest of the hunters. I ran up to them to help.