Chapter 22

I walked to the kitchen to get a snack and I saw Niall coming.

"Hi princess" he said.

"Hi what are you doing here?"

"Just came to see you and to tell you I'm hunting all night and wanted to spend the rest of the day before I go out".

"Okay".

"So how are you doing? I haven't really asked because I know you are tired of it but I just want to know if you are okay".

"I am doing better the trip helped but then it didn't because the cabin we were at bright back so many memories of me and grandfather".

"I'm sorry".

"I know".

He kissed my forehead.

We didn't really do much before he left to go hunting, we walked around and laid in bed then he was off.

Before he left he grabbed some food for him and the hunters.

I walked him out and kissed him goodbye and told him to be safe, I know he knows what he is doing but I feel if I don't then that is when something might happen.

Before dinner I went to find grandmother to tell her that it is a go if she wants to join us tonight.

"Hi grandmother Niall was just here and says he is hunting tonight, so if you want to join Hunter and I you can".

"I will come".

"Okay. I will come to your room once mother does her daily check in".

She shook her head in agreement.

Once I left grandmothers room I went back to mine to pack some things just in case grandmother might need something.

"Carrie how have you been feeling?" My mother asked me.

"I have been doing better. The trip with grandmother was really helpful".

"We are glad to hear that" my father said.

The rest of dinner was normal, we just had our normal type of conversations.

It was now time for "bed". Mother came in did her daily check because she likes to treat me like a child.

Once she left I waited a few minutes and ran to grandmothers room.

"Grandmother are you ready?" I asked her.

"Lets go. I am excited to meet Hunter and see what you do".

"You are in for an adventure. Well not really because we don't do a whole lot exciting stuff. Are you comfortable flying?"

"I'm not really good with flying but I feel like I can manage".

I was kind of scared now but she wanted to do this and I wasn't going to stop her now.

We got out of the castle and Hunter was luckily he was by the cave waiting.

"Grandmother this is Hunter" I said.

"Hi Hunter it is so nice to finally meet you. Thank you for keeping Carrie safe".

"It is no problem I'm glad Carrie is out here being apart of this all. She really is helpful. It is an honor to meet you".

"Have you seen any sight of him?" I asked.

"No not yet and the hunters are out".

"Yeah Niall is out tonight".

My grandmother looked at me "Carrie does being out here when Niall is hunting make you nervous?"

"Yes it does but I know I just have to avoid and we would all be good".