Chapter 27

I woke up and everything looked normal. I can't believe I feel asleep on the ground like that.

The castle seemed quiet and as I walked around hardly anybody was inside.

My parents and grandmother were outside.

"Carrie where have you been?" My mom asked concernedly.

"Yeah I'm fine I was in the room with the paintings and feel asleep. Nothing to worry about".

"Okay good".

We sat and I wanted to sleep more, the only good thing was that my shoulder wasn't in so much pain.

My mom and dad went back into the castle.

"Carrie honestly are you alright?" My grandmother asked me.

"Yeah I'm fine I was just tired".

"Because you know you can tell me".

I smiled "I know grandmother".

"Good and I'm not going tonight. I need a break again".

"Ok".

She left to go back into the castle and I was surprised that she didn't lecture me into not going.

Going out is starting to become a waste of time because Victor obviously doesn't care about reconnecting and I don't feel like there is anything else left to discover.

I still wanted to go out because I still had that small chance of hope that everything will work out.

I was about go inside the castle then the messenger found me once again. This time it was from Hunter.

The letter had told me that he had to go hunting tonight because they needed an extra person. The letter also informed me that he gave the stuff to Niall's dad.

I definitely didn't want to go out alone tonight but going out alone is rewarding even though it is nerve wracking.

Just as I entered the castle there was Niall. This day has been too much for me.

"Hi. How was hunting?" I asked.

"Pretty quiet but still good".

"I like when you say it's quiet because that means I don't have to worry when you are out".

"You never have to worry I'm tough and strong".

I started laughing "whatever you say".

"Care if I stay tonight?"

"You know I never do but I will warn you, I'm still feeling sick and might be contagious".

"I'll risk it".

"Alright no complaining then if you end up getting sick".

"Like I said I'm strong and tough".

"Whatever you say".

Niall staying means I won't be going out tonight which in theory is probably a good thing.

Mother saw us and immediately dragged both of us to do more wedding planning even though I'm pretty sure we did all that we could.

She wanted us to double check the seating arrangements and the only thing we had to do was add Niall's dad to the list.

I was so looking forward to my mom not to be stressing over all this.

I was certainly over all this. Niall on the other hand seemed like he was getting more and more into it.

I don't know if he was acting into it or he was trying be nice and to show my mom she isn't the only one invested. Either way he was settling everything because it's not like I don't care but I don't care about all the small details.