Chapter 23

I sat down for a bit and just admired the scenery and take everything in. It was definitely a better feeling being outside when I'm allowed to.

Everyone else went back into the castle and Niall and I just laid in the grass for awhile.

I'm glad I got to have this fun today before the funeral.

"Was this a good surprise?" Niall asked.

"Yes it was. This has been fun being outside and being able to take the kids out".

Niall ended up leaving and told me he would be back in the morning. That leaves me the option to sneak out tonight.

I then started to think if I'm able to go outside now is it technically sneaking out? Then I remembered that mother said I'm not allowed to leave the castle grounds so I guess it just going against the smaller part of the rule.

I was thinking about taking the night off and just relax but the more nights I miss the more I am putting on Hunter.

I don't know if I'm going to go out tonight but as of right nor I'm just going to continued walking around the castle grounds.

I went to my secret room and honestly I should come up with a better name instead of my secret room. I went to write in my journal and after that I went to my room and just laid on my bed.

I think I was going to call the secret room the room full of wonders. I thought about it and it wasn't the best name in the world but for now it was being called the room full of wonders.

"Carrie, did you have a fun day today?" My mom asked.

"Yeah and thank you for allowing me to go outside now".

She smiled "it is no problem".

She left the room and I walked around more of the castle until it was time for dinner.

I ran into grandmother in the hall "Carrie are you going out searching tonight?" She asked me.

"I don't know I feel like I need another break but I don't want Hunter to think he is alone in all this".

"You know it is alright that you feel this way and I am going to probably go tonight".

"Alright grandmother and thank you".

We went our separate ways and by the time I walked around as much as I usually do it was time for dinner.

During dinner I kept thinking if I was going to go with Hunter and grandmother but I still didn't know. After dinner I went to walk around more then I went to bed. I decided I wasn't going and went to sleep.

The only thing was I couldn't sleep because I felt like I should be helping.

I laid in bed and since I wasn't going to sleep I snuck out and hoped that I could find them easy.

I ran to the cave and looked around and they weren't there, then I went to the island and still no sight of them.

I flew around circling the area and then I went to the dragons nest. I don't think they would be here because I never mentioned it to grandmother but I had to look anyway.

Once I entered the dragons nest there they were walking around the area and there was also no signs of Victor.

They saw me and motioned to fly out and we flew to an empty island.

"Carrie I thought you weren't coming" Hunter said.

"I wasn't but then I couldn't sleep and then I felt bad for not coming".