29.

we sat down and class began.

couple minutes into class, everyone was working on their homework, when i got a text from my mom;

妈妈💕 (mom):

mom: are you going somewhere after school?

you: yeah, why?
you: is there smth wrong?

mom: no i just wanted to talk about something with you
mom: it's not that important

you: oh okay
you: i got to go so ttyl💕

mom: okay sweetie🥰

i turned off my phone and continued to work on my homework.

after some time, the class was dismissed. renjun and i walked my car, when i got another message.

lee soo man-nim:

lee soo man-nim: can you meet me at The Day.s Hair salon at 14:00?

you: sure

lee soo man-nim: thank you :)

"i'm going to drop you off at home yeah?" i told renjun. "where are you going then?" i showed him the text that i got and he nodded. "i got the same message."

"so we can go together right?" i asked and he nodded. "did you tell mom?" i wanted to answer when i got another message from sooman:

lee soo man-nim:

lee soo man-nim: i'll see you, renjun and jeno there then.

you: okay

we stepped in my car and drove to the hairsalon.

time skip~~
"we're here~" i opened the car door and stepped out. renjun did the same and we walked into the salon.

i saw sooman, jeno and a couple workers standing in the room, clearly waiting for us. "helloo~" i bowed politely. everyone greeted us back.

"renjun's going first, so you can sit there in the waiting room." sooman said and one of the workers led jeno and i to the room.

"aren't you nervous?" jeno asked me and i shook my head. "a little bit, but in a good way. i think i should be the most nervous actually." i chuckled softly and explained what sooman was planning to do with me. "ooh.. that sounds fun!" jeno exclaimed excitedly. "what's going to be your name then? we can't call you leah.." he asked.

"i don't know, i think pd-nim is going to come up with something."

we were talking to each other, when renjun came out of the room with light brown-ish hair with a messy mullet. "i like it." "it's cool~" jeno stood up and ruffled up renjun's hair. renjun smiled and blushed cutely.

"jeno-ssi, it's your turn."

"wish me luck~" he said and we put up our fists. "jeno fighting!" i said and smiled.

a while later, jeno came back with light blonde hair and an undercut. "wooww, it looks so good~!" i exclaimed and jeno sat back down. "it's your turn now.." jeno said and i nodded exited.

"leah-ssi, its your turn now." i walked to the woman calling me and i sat down in a chair.

"what we want to do is give you the simple japanese male haircut, so it's still going to be quite long, you and your stylist can style it in different ways." she explained to me and i nodded. "okay."

"and we want to keep it dark at the roots, but bleach the ends." she added and i smiled exitedly.

after discussing what they wanted to do, they started to work on my hair.

when they finished, my hair looked like this:

(stan dawn you uglies)

sooman told me that i have to sit here for a little bit, because he wants to talk to me.

"your name is going to be huang hyojong. does that sound okay?" he asked and i nodded. "after awhile, you can choose your stage name." sooman said.

he explained what we were going to do today. "tonight you're going to meet nct with renjun and jeno. then you're going to talk for a bit with the rest and eat out. you know the dreamies already right?" "yeah.." "well you're going to meet the others of nct. we also have wayv. it's a chinese sub unit, so there are lots of people to talk chinese with." he ended and i nodded understandingly.

he learned me some things i need to change a little bit for me to look more like a male. "you have a pretty low voice already, so that's not going to be a problem." sooman said.

"i don't really behave as a girl in general, so i think i'll be fine. my name was hyojong right?" i asked and he nodded. "well, i'll see you tonight then. oh! and before you're going to introduce yourself, the makeup artists will apply some light male makeup so you come off as a male rookie." he added and he said goodbye. i did the same and walked to where jeno and renjun were.

i walked into the room and saw renjun and jeno's shocked faces. "wooww, you look so good~!" renjun exclaimed and he touched my hair. jeno did the same. "y'all can't call me leah anymore though..my name is now huang hyojong." i smiled happily. "that's a cool name.." jeno said and smiled.

we eventually said goodbye to jeno and renjun and i walked back to my car. "how's mom going to react you think?" renjun asked me. "she won't be too shocked about yours, but she's going to have a heart attack because of me, in a good way though." we both laughed and i started the engine. i drove off to our house.

when we arrived, we stepped out and rang the bell. after awhile, the door opened and we saw our mom peeking her head around the door. "hi mom~!" i exclaimed and she opened the door further. "your hair looks so good!" she reached up to touch my hair. i bent down slightly, so she doesn't have to stand on her toes. ( my mom is 5 ft 2 (1,58 m), i'm 5 ft 10 (1,78 m) )

"let's go inside." i smiled and pushed her into the living room.