30.

my mom, renjun and i sat down at the kitchen table. "so, what did you guys do?" my mom looked at me and renjun. "the ceo told us to come to a hair salon nearby and renjun, jeno and i got our hair done." i smiled, beaming with happiness.

"which group are you two joining?" she asked and i explained that jeno, renjun and i are joining nct. "i've never seen that before.. daebak! (awesome!)" she exclaimed and gave us a high five. "and about being a idol, you want some advice?" she asked, turning to renjun. "you don't need it." she said, turning to me. i have been a trainee before.. two times actually. i've debuted two times already, so nct is going to be my third group.

the first group i ever debuted in was (g)-idle. i debuted when i was 13, but the group disbanded 2 years later. i was 15 when the group disbanded. one year later, i debuted with another group, called everglow. that group wasn't really my cup of tea at the time, but the group was only temporary, so our contract was assigned for a year and a half. everglow's concepts and choreography's were for me (at the time) a bit to provocative for my liking. i was very insecure and did have major anxiety problems. i don't really have it anymore, but it can be still present at times.

and by the way, the company where i was in with everglow, yuehua entertainment, mistreated us very badly. they would overwork us many times, give us little food and no time to do other things, like sleep. and they would scold and hit us whenever we did the slightest bit of the choreo wrong.

once, we decided to sue the company. it eventually worked. all the workers were fired and the company was forced to stop their business.

after that, i had to take a break to collect myself again. after that traumatic experience, my anxiety and depression were on it's highest peak.

but i had a lot of friends beside me that care about me and were aware of what was going on with me, so there wasn't any time to be depressed. they would do all sorts of activities with me and i gradually felt better and better. depression will never leave, but you can make it a bit more bearable. at least in my case. that's what happened to me, and i'm very happy that it did.

"mom, do you know anything about being a trainee then? if you're giving renjun advice.." i looked at her and waited for her answer. "that's what i wanted to tell you. i was a trainee and i even debuted.. in the same company as you do." she said and renjun and we both widened our eyes. "really?! that's so cool! which group did you debut in?" renjun asked exitedly. "i debuted in red velvet generation 1.." she said. "i was one of the youngest, together with yeri and seulgi." she explained and i furrowed my eyebrows. "wait.. i know a seulgi. she's one of my good friends." i showed my mom a photo or her.

"that's seulgi's daughter i believe.. seulgi named her child after herself, because she looks like her."

"so her mom was your friend and was in redvelvet gen 1?" "yeah. i think i still have a photo of me and her.." my mom grabbed her phone and started to scroll through her photos.

" my mom grabbed her phone and started to scroll through her photos

"seulgi is the one on the left." "she looks exactly like the seulgi i know!" i exclaimed.

"she really does look a lot like her mother." my mom smiled and i grabbed her phone to look at the photo. "how old were you here?" i asked

"seulgi and i were both 17.. so it was 24 years ago." she smiled as she looked at the picture.

"but anyway, at what time do you have to go?" she asked. "jeno told me he was going to pick us up, so he could be here any time now.." i said and renjun almost jumped up. "are you serious?" he whispered and i nodded.

"i'll be right back.." he said and rushed upstairs, probably to the washroom to clean himself up a bit. i chuckled softly.

after some time, renjun finally came back downstairs. "mom is off to the supermarket." i said and renjun sighed while walking down the stairs. "couldn't you tell me that jeno's picking us up sooner?" he said and i laughed. then, the doorbell rang.

renjun jumped off of the stairs and rushed to the door. i smiled looking at him. "you have to calm down.." i said and laughed. renjun breathed in and out before opening the door.

"hey jeno.." he said and smiled softly. jeno waved his hand and asked if we were ready to go. we both nodded and walked to jeno's car.

i playfully nudged renjun's shoulder. "stopp..." he whined softly, but jeno heard it and he turned his head. "hm?" he looked at renjun and he shook his head. "nothing.." jeno turned his head back around and began walking again.

"close one.." i said and renjun sighed once again. "i shouldn't have told you..." he said and i laughed.

we stepped into jeno's car and he drove to the sm dance practice rooms.

after we arrived, we stepped out and walked into the building. jeno was walking next to renjun and i walked behind them.

"renjun hyung, are you okay? you look really pale.." jeno said and put his hand on renjun's shoulder. "yeah, I'm just a bit nervous about meeting the members.." he said and sighed. "don't worry, i'm sure they will like a person like you." jeno smiled and renjun turned bright red. "thank you.." he said and looked down shyly. i was cooing in the back. they just looked so cute together..

we eventually walked to the administration and she said that she'll tell sooman that we arrived. "you guys can sit down if you want." she said and pointed at the bench. we sat down and waited for sooman to arrive.

after a while, sooman arrived and led us to the practice room where all of nct were. "wait here." he said and we waited at the entrance of the practice room. we heard him talk about us to the members and after some minutes, he opened the door and signaled us to come in.

i was walking up front with jeno and renjun behind me. the members clapped for us and cheered. we had to stand next to sooman and introduce ourselves one by one. i was up first.

"hello, my name is huang hyojong. it's nice to meet you and i hope we can get along together~!" i said and bowed politely.

everyone clapped and they all calmed down when sooman told renjun that he was next. renjun nodded and took a little step forward.

"hello, my name is huang renjun. i'm hyojong's twin brother and it's nice to meet you~" he said and everyone made an 'ooh~' sound before clapping once again.

jeno was the last one to introduce himself. "hello, my name's lee jeno, it's a pleasure to work with you all~!" he said and everyone clapped for the third time.

after our introduction, it was time for everyone else to introduce themselves.

the introductions didn't take too long. after that, we all went to a restaurant to eat and get to know each other better.