Belfast x Male Reader (Azur Lane)

Yahallo !
So this one was requested by @Ancient_Warriors ! Thanks for your request !

Huh...I have nothing to say.
Hmm...Yep, nothing at all.

Oh wait, there could be any errors.
Oh never mind, it's already been said on the description.

...Well, see you at the end !

————————————————

- During your childhood -
- 1st POV -

One day, I had to visit my grandfather with my father. My grandfather was still a commander but he's starting to get old. He told me he wanted to see me in particular before anything would happen to him.

So my father and I went to his base and I noticed a lot of girls were talking to each other. My father told me they are ship girls, a mix of girls and ships who can fight against the bad guys known as the Sirens who wants to destroy our humankind. He told me I will get one too if I studied hard to be a commander.

We went to my grandfather's office and we saw him sitting with someone. This someone was a pretty and elegant woman wearing a maid uniform and so I fell in love with her on the first sight. My grandfather introduced her to me : her name is Belfast and she's her secretary ship girl. He asked her to make some teas and she left.

When she wasn't here, at first, he told me he likes to get the teas she made and then he told me he will give me her when his days will come to an end. I told him I couldn't accept it but he told me he trusts my future and my abilities. I asked him about my father but he told me he's good so far with his fleets. I was about to refuse once again but Belfast came back with the teas and so keep me to continue.

My grandfather said he's happy to see me and he will support me even when he's not here. I tried to keep my sadness but he noticed it and he's happy to see me worried about him and we left the base.

- Back to the present -
- 3rd POV -

A few years later, you finally managed to be a commander. It was very rough but thanks to your hard work, you finally deserved it. You started with a little fleet but thanks to the building factory, you managed to get some ship girls.

Today, you're checking the ressources in the storage area and your secretary ship girl came in with a letter.

"Oh (S/N), what is this letter for ?" You asked her.

"This letter is for you commander. Should I read it now ?" She asked you and you nodded at her.

Dear (Y/N),

I'm sorry to say but your grandfather is dead last week. The reason is because of the aging which led him to the lack of the strength to live and so to his death.

Before he died, he let us know his last words. He told us he wanted to transfer one of his ship girls to your base. He told us to not reveal her identity but he's sure she will be very useful for you and you will enjoy her company.

I hope you will accept his last words.

- Your dad, (F/N)

You started to get sad because of the sudden news. You didn't hear him when you started to work. You wished you could show him how far you went to be there. But you also wondered about this mysterious ship girl. You tried to remember if your grandfather let you know in advance about it and when you started to remember, someone walked in the storage area. You and your secretary ship girl turned back and you couldn't believe your eyes.