Chapter Four

Monday, August 12th, 2019

Sheila

    He was back in his human-like form, sitting across from me, sipping on the soup he reheated for the both of us. We have each other in a staredown, neither wanting to look an away from one another.

    "So," I started, I didn't really know what I wanted to talk about, but I wanted to know everything about this dragon across from me.

    "Are dragons just really big snakes?" I said taking a sip of my soup, after blowing on it a few times to cool it down.

    I saw his eyes widen as he put a hand to his mouth to halt the soup from spitting everywhere. After he swallowed he launched into a coughing fit. I stood, sending my chair flying backward. "Are you okay?!"

    I've never seen someone act like this. I didn't know what to do. Was he in pain? Why couldn't I help him? He waved me off with his hand, pounding his chest, for an odd reason. Was he trying to get his lungs to work?

    "Yes, Yes, I'm fine." He waved again, he brought the collar of his shirt up to his mouth wiping everything away. "And to answer your question, yes and no."

    "Yes and no? That's not an answer at all?!" I raised my voice in question, pulling back the chair so I could sit down.

    I crossed my legs, my hand grasping my spoon once more, the other pulling the bowl towards myself. "Yes, dragons could be apart of that family tree. Though a lot of genetic malfunctions through the many years of evolution we are not snakes."

    "I'm going to act like I understood what you are talking about." Long story short, a dragon, not a snake.

    "I could say the same thing about wolves and dogs." He said placing his spoon into his empty bowl, he pushed it to the side. He folded his arms on the table, leaning closer to me.

    "You called us dogs earlier." He cut me off instantly.

    "I did not call you a dog."

     "Oh? So it's an insult?" I said defensively. I pointed my spoon at him. "I don't know how I feel about that."

     "You called my species snakes. I take great offense to that." He put his hand over his heart, acting like he is wounded.

    "So we are even then."

     "Whatever you say, mate." The way he said that sent shivers down my spine. I think he could hear me swallow I was so nervous. I looked at the mouth of the cave. The sun had been gone for a long time by now. The fire dogs were dancing in the entrance. This cave, once eerie, now was more beautiful than anything I've seen.

    The way the fireflies light up the quartz walls, the blue flame dancing in the moonlight. The fireplace illuminating the side of Vince's face. Everything was perfect, peaceful, yet too peaceful.

    "Is it alright if I stay here tonight?" I asked, flicking my eyes towards my handsome, lovable, flirt of a mate.

    "Just tonight?" He cocked an eyebrow.

    I nodded my head, my gulp echoed in my soul. I had a thirst for adventure that my one day travel hasn't quenched. I had to make up for the eighteen years of isolation, I only had so many more years too live.

    "Where are you going?" He asked, his question came out slow like he was dreading or calculating his words. Trying to find the best way to proceed.

    I shrugged, "anywhere far away. I want to see the world that I haven't yet seen." I clenched my hands in front of me, the soup in front of me long forgotten in the daydream of adventure.

     "How about elves?" He displayed a hand in negotiation. His cheek resting on a chuckle.

    "Elves?" My interest was grasped. I didn't know elves actually existed till now. How cool!

    "The king, King Villious, of the Elves are currently having a problem with the dwarves, I was requested to attend the meeting for peace in two days time. Want to come?"

    "Attend a meeting where there will be dwarves and elves ?" I squealed with delight. "Please count me in!"

    I heard his moonlight chuckle full the room. "Well," his smile glowed in the illuminating light. "I think that's a plan. We will leave tomorrow, stop by an old friend of mine, and then head towards the kingdom of Leaflumber."

    "An old friend?" I didn't have a problem with meeting new people, in fact, I encourage it! Though I had no clue what people my mate would call a friend.

    He has an easy job winning over my friends, for I have none, but myself as my number one fan. Though he could have thousands of friends that I would have to impress. The number was daunting.

    "He is a wizard, they call him Flores. An old friend of mine, we have seen many days together." I watched as Vince's eyes glazed over, daydreaming of pst memories with his friend. I wish when I grow to make new friends, the same would happen to me.

    "I'm excited to meet him," I said, I couldn't contain my excitement as I pushed back my chair and made my way to the bed in the corner of the room.

    "I must warn you, my love." My love, how I loved the way he called me. "He is—" he stopped himself.

    "Oh, you can't do that. Tell me." I said kicking off my shoes before sitting on the plush bed.

    "You will see tomorrow." His toothy grin gave me a spark of curiosity. The excitement that filled my soul was unbearable. I had so many adventures in my future I might not know what to do with myself. I tucked myself into bed.

    "Are you going to bed already, Sheila?" He loved to address me with a name as he has yet to grasp onto this being real. It was cute. I loved it.

    "Yes, I want tomorrow to come faster." I pulled the covers over my shoulder, turning my back towards him.

    Hours later, I swear I could vaguely remember my mate crawling into bed with me.

—-

Day four, done just in time.

 Elves!! What do you think of them??

How about this new friend that we will be seeing tomorrow!?

Are you ready for the start of a new adventure!?

Comment and Vote Pleeeease