Chapter Eight

Tuesday, August 17th, 2019

Sheila

We stepped up the polished marble steps. I had to walk up multiple at a time, trying to keep myself moving without slipping back down. I looked at the large golden gate that arched into the palace. I wondered how I was going to fit inside. I turned my head towards my mate, he didn't seem worried at all, he just kept looking straight.

"Don't bow. Greet when greeted that is your role, to express your dominance. Feel free to input your opinion on any matter, I will back you." Dominance? Really? I would assume he would be doing the same thing.

I nodded my head, my eyes making its was back to focus on the golden gate which was sprung wide in waiting for us.

When we reached the beautiful gate, I could peer into the castle. Everything seemed opened, the hall was just in front of us, men, elves, dwarves, other creatures entirely were all seated at the oval quartz table only a few yards away from us.

"Xion, we have arrived." My mate stepped through the gates and I followed after him, glued to his side. I assumed Xion was someone of importance.

"We?" A man with shimmering long blonde hair stood from his spot at the head of the table. He had bright green eyes, which were able to be seen miles away. A beautiful crown made with antlers spiraled to the sky, symboling grace and power.

"Meet my Mate, Sheila." I starred down the elf, I could only assume that he was the king. I couldn't bow, which I really want to do just on instincts.

"Sheila," Xion tried my name on his tongue. A joyful smile spread wide across his face, "What a beautiful name. I'm Xion Berklearf the king of Leaflumber, it's great to make your acquaintance, for all my years of life I've known Zaivinth, I'm glad to see you walk into his life now." He rested a hand on his left peck and bowed deeply towards me.

     Every elf at that table stood, pushing back their chairs and bowed deeply, following after their king.

    "It is very nice to meet you too, Xion." I said with surprising calmness even though stress was eating a hole into me. I gave him a quite smile, then I looked to my mate who was looking down at me with something like awe in his eyes.

    My shadow flames swirled around me, dancing in the air. "It's good to see you here, I didn't think you would make it." Xion shifted on his feet and tilted his head up to talk to the white overgrown lizard to my side.

     "I wasn't too interested in things like this..." he looked over to me. "Until now." I rolled my eyes, he was just too sappy.

    "Now that everyone is here." He clapped his hands, turning his back to us, walking back to his golden chair which was at the head on the other side of the table.

     I felt Vince nudge me with his nose, then walked to the side of the room. It was his gesture for me to follow him. I did without question. He was helping me out, this was my first time in contact with so many people! I was super nervous, to the point I was glad that shadow 'flames' covered my body so they didn't see me shake in fear.

     Zaivinth starred at the table intensely paying attention to every word that came out of the elf kings mouth while I zoned out.

     Zaivinth And Xion  have known each other for so long it seems. I heard elves live for a very long time, I wonder how long that time really is. Xion looked like he was mid thirty's at most, does that mean he is 30,000 years old? No, that couldn't be, he wouldn't be a one year old child for 1,000 years.

    I'll just ask Vince later. I started to put my mind into the conversation being said, "—our land. We need to gather our armies together if we will have even the slightest chance of survival."