Chapter Forty

November 8th 219

Sheila

After the water fight, there was nothing in the bathroom spared from the water assault. We giggled as I sat against his chest, my knees up against my own. He had his arms wrapped around me as I leaned into him.

    I had rested my head against his shoulder, breathing out a sigh. He kissed my cheek. "What are you thinking about?" His whispers sent chills down my spine.

"This," I looked at our reflection in the water. How perfect we molded together. "This all feels like a dream."

He kissed my neck, where his mark was, "I feel the same way. This happiness, it doesn't feel real yet." I saw his expression when he looked at me and my heart stopped. The amount of love and care, nobody has ever looked at me like that besides him.

"Zaivinth," I turned in the tub so I was resting on the back of my heels, looking up at him. "You are," I placed my hands on his shoulder. "The single best thing," my eyes filled with tears, "that has ever happened to me," I started to choke on words. My hands were shaking as I rested my forehead against his hard chest.

    In an instant, he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me flushed against his chest. "No," he squeezed me tighter, "I feel as if I'm truly the luckiest person," we looked into each other's eyes, his blue ones shining so brightly.

    We gently kissed, before there was a pounding on the bedroom door. Our heads perked up, and Vince shouted, "who is it?"

    "Me, you lazy bastard," Xion yelled, it made me quietly chuckle. "I'm coming in!"

    "Like hell he is," I leaned back knowing he was about to shoot into action. He jumped out of the tub grabing a towel on the door, leaving wet footprints in his wake.

    I used this time to drain the tub, getting myself the towel on the size of the bathtub. I was drying my hair with the bathroom door creaked a bit so I could hear their conversation.

   "Get out," my mate growled, how did Xion get in so fast? I giggled again under my breath, leaning over the sink to brush my black hair.

    "The smell of love in here is so thick that I'm gagging on it," scoffed Xion that sent me chuckling as I looked at myself in the mirror.

    "Oh Sheila! You're in here?" Xion shouted to me.

    "Good morning!" I shouted back, he was probably still being held back by my mate in the room over.

    "It's the afternoon now! How did you allow you're lazy mate to sleep in, I though you were better than that!" He shouted back, I laughed, clutching my towel tighter to me as I opened the bathroom door and leaned against the frame.

    "Sorry Xion, it was me that kept him in bed," a smile on my lips. Zaivinth's eyes found mine and he growled, he snapped his head to Xion.

    "Out!" He kicked him in the direction of the door.

    "You missed three meetings, that's unacceptable for a king," then he looked to me, his eyes soft as he was being pushed out, "and queen."

    "We will be on top of it tomorrow Xion, you can count on me."

    He was outside and the door was closing, though Xion stopped the door with his hand which made Vince growl. "Dinner is in forty minutes, please be responsible and make that." He looked to my mate an smiled softly, "congratulations on your mating, brother."

    Vince bobbed his head in thanks, "thank you," before pushing the door all the way closed.

    "Forty minutes he said," a smile crept up onto my face. He was walking over to me the same expression mirrored onto his own.