Chapter Forty-Five

November 20th, 2019

Sheila

"You must understand the consequences by killing someone using your own mind." We were sitting in complete darkness Weni and I. The cave that she had lead me into two days ago was cold, damp, and dark. Even the firedogs refused to come in here.

She slid closer taking my face into her bony hands. I looked up at her with tired eyes. The tinge of glowing red shown from within them. "If you break their mind you will-"

He groaned in pain as he clutched his head. I slowly made my way closer to him. Every movement I made, he felt it, he knew where I was at all time, I knew because I held his fragile mind in my hands. My ghostly hand held onto the golden string that connected me to his mind. I growled stalking even closer.

"Sheila," I heard someone behind me say my name. No matter, none at all. I would kill this man, regardless of the consequences. I put my hand on his face, clenching his temples. He fell to his knees, I smiled, my teeth showing. This man deserved pain, all of it, all he had put my mate through, my people, myself. He would die slowly.

I forced him to raise his own hand to his tongue, he slowly gripped it. I saw him still below me, in his head he pleaded for me to stop. Though my mind, my mind, it was too far gone. My bloodlust was uncontrollable. I felt a tether snap within me when I saw Herus' blood dripping down his face as he tried to drag me off the battlefield.

He was wounded guarding me. Oh, just looking at this bug below me made me want to snap his mind in two. Then I felt two hands wrap around my human body, pulling me backward, though I didn't budge.

"Sheila stop don't!" Xion shouted loud enough for me to hear.

"I'm ho-holding," I choked, my breath catching in my speech. "I can't hold him for much longer." Lies. I could hold him till we would both stare. Though I was fooling myself if I said it wasn't painful, I gasped out a breath. I could feel his dark claws trying to fight back at me. He was trying to claw his way out of my grasp. It hurt. Like someone was scratching my brain and I could do nothing about it.

    Get me away from him, his bloodthirsty ways. He was too good at unraveling all the tight chains that I had sunk into his brain. "Kill him," I gasped again. "Kill him while you can." My vision was going grey, I was leaving this world, though not because I was dying.

No, I wasn't dying. My sanity was slowly slipping out of my grasps as I went through everything that Kolgrim knew. All his dreaded memories flooded into me and I was too weak to swat away. All the cruel memories. I gritted my teeth, the bloodlust that he has within him now stirred within me. All of his emotions were now mine, swimming within my own skull.

Then I felt it, I couldn't see it, but I felt his mind die. His body now flopped against me. I blinked awake and looked down. Kolgrim's headless body was limp against my leg. I looked into my hand to see his lifeless head glaring at me.

Then I looked to Xion who held worry in his face. I felt eyes on my back, I turned and found my troops looking at me, proud and worry in their eyes. I straighten my spine, ignoring my shoulder for just a little longer. "I have a feeling this is not the end." I dropped his head in front of me, stepping over him.

    I knew this was not the end. I saw what army he held. His army of the undead, witches, warlocks, demons, humans, what we say today was just the surface.

I walked over to my troops who made way for me. I found my fellow green horned friend and waved him over to me. I noticed then that my hands were coated in blood. I inwardly gagged though still had to keep my chin up. "Lead me to where we had captured the humans, set them up for interrogation. We need to find the rest of his army." I looked back at Xion, "Herus needs help," it was my way of telling him that I was fine.

"I will lead you to them," greenhorn bowed and started walking towards the prisoners. My mind was swirly still. My brain only having one agenda, kill, kill, kill.

    I must get a grip on these feelings. I raised a hand to just over my heart. I understood what that Shadow Wolf had gone through. It's so easy to just snap and go on a rampage. I knew now, because I was almost there.

    I unclenched my hand and looked into the back of Greenhorn. "My queen, you should seek out the wound in your shoulder." I waved him off, I will deal with it later.

    Sheila?

    The soft word almost brought tears to my eyes. I wanted him to hold me, care for me, tell me that I was going to be alright and that the voices driving me to kill were normal. I wanted to be normal. Just to be the same as everyone else. Just once.

    Sheila? His tone now filled with even more worry. I wonder if he had heard the news? He couldn't have, there is no messengers back at the castle yet.

    Zaivinth, I sighed out loud in relief, making Greenhorn turn around with worry. I just gave him a weak smile, trying to say not to worry about me. First battle was a success.

    Great news, but how are you? So kind, putting me before anything else. He is probably the only one in the world who would do that for me.

    Fine.

    Are you injured?

    Yeah.

    What! He shouted into my ear, I could practically see the castle shaking with his roar I laughed silently.

    It's no big deal. Though we are do have a problem, start recruiting more troops.

    Where is Kolgrim?

    Dead.

    Then why are we recruiting more troops?

    He has a twin brother

I just got finished balling my eyes out to assassination classroom.

How I imaging the twins to be like.

ms-iulhtM

ms-iulhtM.gif

Will the other twin be nicer than the first?

Are you starting to get worried about Sheila?

What do you think of the chances Sheila loses her mind by the end of this book?

COMMENT AND VOTE PWEASE