Chapter Sixty-One

December 28th, 2019

Sheila

    We all stood still. Just looking at everyone else in the room. "Well, do you want me to get it?" I said leaning on the table. My sarcasm seeping through my my words.

"I'll get it," Zaivinth said walking to the door, I watched Ross retreat to behind me. He put both his hands on my shoulders and ducked behind me. Like he was truly avoiding the person coming.

Zaivinth opened the door and stepped back. I leaned to the side to see who it was. When I saw the person, I broke into a smile. "Weni!" I stumbled a bit when I went to hug her, but eventually I made it.

She wrapped her frail arms around me and I laughed. "Where did you disappear too?" I hadn't seen her since I had woken up.

I pulled back to see her smile, something that was so rare. "I got you this," she held up a bottle with purple liquid. "I got a friend to make it. You should drink it soon."

"What friend?" I asked taking it with two hands. "Thank you," even though I didn't know what it was. Then she looked up from me, over my shoulder. I turned to face Ross. He already had his hands up to defend himself.

"Truce, mother." He said backing up. "I couldn't contain myself. Brother would have done the same thing. You can't be mad at me."

A growl erupted from Weni, "you always know how to mess everything up," she stormed up to Ross grabbing him by the collar. Poor Ross he was getting abused today.

"What happened?" I gasped, fumbling a step to stop her from hurting Ross.

"Oh, only expose the entire plan of the immortal realm." She rolled her eyes, then glared at Ross who gave a weary smile.

"What plan?" Zaivinth stood in front of me as if to protect me from the words that she is about to say.

She glared at Ross, then sighed and looked at Zaivinth then myself. Her dark eyes shimmering lightly. "How I want Sheila be my daughter."

My heart stopped, I knew that this question would arise, though I didn't think, a wish would actually come true. "Though I first need to talk to the King of Werewolves." She sighed through her nose. Weni let go of Ross, and he took a solid three steps back.

"Why would you need to talk to him?" Zaivinth spoke for me as I gripped onto his arm, my legs were getting weak. The bottle in my hand started to shake. I hated being weak, though for now I needed to square my back and bite down the pain rushing down my spine.

"Well, he is her father after all."

I had escaped the office and was now hiding in Zaivinth's room. My legs moved on their own, running from the truth that had came out of Weni's mouth. Me? Be the kings daughter? That meant I had two other brothers, and was in a line for a throne.

I was sitting my back to the door, my head in my hands, as I gripped my hair. The more I thought the more it made sense. There would only be one reason I was mates with another king was because I had royal blood as well.

Though how has he greeted me with a strained smile up until now. Does he know I am his daughter? How does he feel now that I had made a name for myself, and had escaped solitude that he, himself, thrown me into. All the pain and mental torture I had to go through was due to him. I could have been raised a princess. I felt robbed, robbed of a childhood, robbed of a father, loyal brothers. Do they know that I'm their sister?

"Sheila?" My mate knocked on the door. I didn't respond, I didn't want to see anyone right now. My thoughts were running wild, and were about to take a dark turn, I didn't want him to get caught in the backlash.