Chapter Forty-Eight

November 30th, 2019

Sheila

    All my insecurities latched onto me, the claws seeping into my mind. I knew I was a monster and with that all the things keeping me sane snapped in a second.

    They haven't seen a monster yet.

    I shifted into my Shadow Wolf form, towering over the mutts. I watched as they cowered back in fear. I took a step forward as I wanted them scramble backwards. I growled, I could see my shadows cutting around me. Their movements were much more violent than before.

    "You want to see a monster?" I growled out, they shook their heads. There was three of them pushed into the man made ring. Their support were making up the wall to the ring. "I swear to give you a fair fight." The words weren't my own, I was toying with them, knowing they were shitting their pants.

    I latched onto the leaders mind and pulled him forward. He stumbled as his face paled. I wanted to kill the bastard. I could feel the smug smirks. "Hell," I chuckled, crouching town to his height. He was in his beastly form, his tail tucked between his legs. "I'll even give you my position as General if you beat me."

    He whimpered and shook his head. I put my paw on his head, it would be so easy to smash his skull in. "Hm, it seems that the smallest dogs do bark the loudest."

   "Stop your wining." Weni snapped in my direction as I layed on my back, tired from the days training.

    "I'm in pain!" I groaned turning onto my stomach so I could push myself up.

    "The smallest dogs bark the loudest," she said hovering over me with her hands on her hips. "Are you a small dog, Sheila?"

    "No." I groaned pushing myself up to a sitting position. Everything hurt, my muscles, my lungs, my brain, I wanted to take a nap.

    "So you are a big dog?" Her grin spread across her face. She was making fun of me.

    "Yes," I groaned again, rubbing my shoulders.

    "Then get up and stop moaning for mercy." She held out a hand to me, which a took with a smile.

    I slowly took my paw off of his large head, my sanity slowly flowing back into me. "If you are going to talk about me, don't be a little bitch and say it behind my back. Whatever you can think of in that little brain of yours," I put my paw on his head, tapping it a few times, it see if there was still something in there. "I've been called things much, much, worse." I turned, my paw off once more and looked up at my troops.

    They looked at me, and at them, with smug looks on their faces. "You guys aren't safe either!" I shouted, they instantly bowed their head.

    "We are an army, not some child's breakfast hall!" I growled, I grew taller to look at everyone in the crowd. I saw my mate on the outskirts a similar smug look on his face and his arms across his chest. I'll wipe that look of his face when I'm done dealing with this crap.

    "You," I pressured the guy right in front of me to speak. "What in this gods forsaken earth compelled you to get in a fight with a bunch of rabid wolves?! Aren't you all supposed to be better than this?" I was so mad!

    "A-ah, well, we heard them talking ill about you, my queen. So it was our duty to stand up for you." He bowed his dragon head even lower to the ground. He was a beautiful black and white dragon with bright blue eyes, similar to Vince's.

    "What? You think I can't take it?" I lifted my head up, "does anyone here think I can't take a lifeless rumor like that?" Everyone in the crowd was shaking their heads.

    "It wasn't like you couldn't take it, my queen." Oh, he's going to continue? Ballsy, I'll grant it. "They are your own kind, how can they turn their backs on you like that?" Yes, one of the dragons true quality is family, loyalty, before one self, always. To see werewolves turn their back on their own was probably a hard thing to grasp.

    I sighed and blew out of my nose before I turn back into my human form. I placed a hand on his muzzle and looked back at the wolves, still cowering in fear. "It's not their fault," I started after a moment, I regained my composure, now understanding where my men were coming from.

    "They have been raised to hate creatures like me, rightfully so, it isn't like my kind has a golden plated record." The wolves looked at me under their eyelashes, head still bowed.

    "Even though I'm furious at you all for retaliating, it's bittersweet to know all of you," I looked to my dragons, "got upset for me."

    There was a pause. "Even though it's not okay to fight!" They laughed when I pointed a finger at them.

    "Alright, get out of here and start praying for you lives, this afternoon training is going to be one hell of a ride." My troops laughed and disappeared chatting with one another like nothing had happened. I looked back at the wolves side to see them still bowed down.

    "That means you all." I waved my hand, though they stayed still. I looked into one of their eyes and they were glazed over. Oh a pack link. I wonder what they were talking about.

    I sughed and started to turn around. Though I stopped on my heels as I heard the one in the front speak. "We are sorry, Queen Sheila."

    My eyes soften, "it's okay." Maybe I should apologize for stepping on his head lightly. "Like I said, there is nothing you can thrown at me that I haven't heard from your kind before." My teacher, wherever she may be, has had all of them beat. She knew how to sink her claws into my insecurities and rip into them till I was left shaking and crying with fear and disgust of myself.

    I felt a hand on my shoulder, I looked up to see my mate, a grim look on his face as he looked down at all the wolves. "We shouldn't turn our backs on our own like that. The lizards are right about that." I felt Vince's hand tighten slightly on my shoulder. I laughed, 'lizards' I haven't heard that one before. I'm sure to keep that with me. I then rested my hand on his own, soothing him that it was going to be alright.

    "All-swell, ends well." I sighed with a smile, "do what you want with my forgiveness, just don't fight with my men again." I waved my hand, dismissing them. They bowed once more and then left.

    I watched them leave, a smile on my lips.

CHRISTMAS TIME YAYAYA

—CHRISTMAS TIME YAYAYA

ms-I1A6Qc.gif

How do you think Zaivinth would have handled it if Sheila wasn't there?

Do you think the wolves will mess with the dragons again?

What do you think the dragons think of Sheila?

COMMENT AND VOTE PWEASE