Nightmare

Word count: 490

The day began as any other day. The sun climbed upwards, filling the earth with it's warmth and light. But it wasn't an ordinairy day. Today would be the day you where to marry the love of your life. Derek. Derek was a simple guy. The two of you met in highschool and remained sweethearts through the years.

And so here you where, at the ripe of age 23 looking at yourself in the mirror. You where standing proudly in your wedding gown. Your hair and make-up done to perfection and a veil made the look complete. You took a deep breath before grabbing the bouquet of white roses and made your way out the door towards the aisle. Derek was standing there, a gentle smile on his face. His face lit up once he spotted you and his back straightened. You returned his smile with a smile of your own and slowly made your way towards him. Your heart was bouncing in your chest, seeming to explode with happiness. Your family and friends where looking at you with proud smiles and happy faces. A fairytale dream coming true. Two souls who had been together for so long, would finally bind themselves through marriage.

Finally you had reached Derek and you gladly took his arm as the two of you turned towards the priest. However, this priest didn't seem like any other. The man in front of you was absolutely gorgeous. Skin as white as paper, but it seemed translucent. Every other aspect of his face was perfect, perfect straight nose, pearly white teeth and semi-full lips. his hair was black and long but the thing that was very odd where his eyes. They where red, like the colour of blood. But they had a milky filter over them, making them less threatening but only just a little.

You gasped at the sight and quickly turned around, only to find your family and friends dead, drained from their blood. You turned towards Derek, only to find him being sucked dry by a young man, skin as pale as the priests and eyes even redder than his. He dropped Derek's dead body and made his way towards you, blood dripping from his lips. You seemed to be frozen as you watched him approach. "You are mine, darling. And only mine." He said before placing his cold lips onto yours for a brief moment. "I will come for you, amore mio."

You gasped as you sat up in your bed, sweat dripping from your forehead. You where in your bedroom at your parents house, being 16 again and not about to get married. You quickly steadied your breath and laughed at your own stupidity to be scared by a dream. You shook your head and laid back down, trying to forget those piercing red eyes that bore through your eyes in your dreams. As that was all that it was. A nightmare.