Come find me (part Two)

Word count: 467

London, December 27th 1870 

Three years. That was how long it took for Demetri to return to you. Three years. And not a single sign of him all this time. You had lost all hope of him actually returning to you. At first there was hope and then the disappointment followed by acceptance. It was a beautiful night and it would remain a beautiful memory.
But now it was time to stop daydreaming and face reality. You were engaged to be married and your wedding was only a night's sleep away. You were sitting in your room, brushing your hair and preparing for bed, a soft sigh escaping your lips as you put the brush down and looked at the simple silver band that your betrothed had given you. He was a good man, and he was going to be a good husband. You should be happy, yet you let your mind drift off one last time and imagined what could have happened if Demetri had come back to take you away.

You walked towards the dressing doll, standing in the corner of your room. A beautiful white gown hung on it, taunting you slightly. Your hand gently grabbed the laced fabric of the skirt and let it flow down gently.
Suddenly, goose bumps formed on your arms and the hairs on your neck stood straight. A cold breath had hit the back of your neck, making your heartbeat increase significantly.
"What a beautiful gown. So sad you are going to wear it for the wrong man." The sweet, soft voice of Demetri drifted in your ear, making you shiver slightly. You didn't dare turn around, afraid it was your mind playing a trick on you. He placed his cold hands gently on your hips, pulling you closer slightly. His lips left a soft kiss on your exposed shoulder.
"You kept me waiting." You said, closing your eyes in bliss, leaning into his touch.
"My apologies, my lady. I had to make my preparations for your arrival and stay. I did make a promise after all." He whispered in your ear before gently nibbling on your earlobe, making your knees grow weak. "And I am here right now to uphold my part of the promise. Will you?" he whispered softly.
"I will." You could barely hear your own voice, but Demetri heard it loud and clear. He scooped you up in his arms and took you away. Away from the man that would never be your husband. Away from your family, that only saw you as a burden. And away from the expectations a society had for a woman in this century. Only Demetri mattered right now, and soon flames indulged you in horrific pain and screams. But you knew it was all worth it. For eternity you would be his.