Come find me (part one)

Word count: 777

London, December 27th 1867

You took a sip of the wine glass filled with red wine as you looked around the room. You were young, only 17 years old, but ready to find yourself a husband and settle down. It was expected of you. You were the youngest of a family of 7 and all your sisters had been off to be married and have children their husbands desired. Apart from you. But in all honesty, you didn't want that sort of life. You wanted freedom, you wanted to see the world and experience all the cultures the stories in your books described.
"Milady, would you care for a dance?" a velvet voice whispered behind you, his cool breath hitting your neck, making the hairs on the back of your neck stand up slightly. You turned around, your long, red gown flowing along in the movement. The man standing in front of you was as beautiful as any old roman painting of the angels. He had an olive complexion with a chalky pallor, and black hair that reached to his shoulders. He was very lean and stood 6'3 feet tall. His eyes were a strange burgundy in colour, but the perfection of his face made you seem to forget that peculiar part. His gloved hand was held out for you to take while he patiently waited for your acceptation or declination. You smiled a kind smile and placed your glass down on a nearby table.
"I would love to, sir." You said as you gently placed your hand in his. A playful smirk was displayed around his lips as he gently pulled you towards the dancefloor. His hand was placed firmly on your lower back while his other held your hand up. You placed your second hand on his sturdy shoulder and let him lead you through the music. His strange eyes kept you captivated the entire time, and you couldn't seem to look away from him at all.

After a while, the dancing and the consummation of alcohol previously made you quite flustered, displayed in a gentle blush around your cheeks.
"Would you like to go to the balcony for some fresh air, milady?" the man asked, a small look of concern displayed in his eyes. You nodded your head gratefully. The man released your hand, but kept his other hand on your lower back, gently guiding you towards the doors that lead to the balcony, grabbing a glass of water on the way.
The fresh and cool air calmed you down almost immediately, and after a few sips of water you were completely calm. The wind played around with your hair, making the curls bounce around gently. The man kept his gaze on your now exposed neck, and he seemed in trance almost. His hand was still on your lower back and the other slowly wrapped itself around your middle, turning you around slowly. You looked up, into his eyes and watched him move closer slowly. His eyes moved towards your lips, which were painted a beautiful red to accompany the colour of your gown.
"May I?" he asked, his voice almost as soft as the wind. You bit your lip and nodded your head slowly. His hand slowly moved towards your chin, releasing your lower lip from your teeth before leaning down. His cool breath hit your face and his scent had you completely mesmerised. His eyes were on yours the entire time, until they closed the same moment his cool lips captured yours. A small gasp escaped your mouth as a warm feeling spread through you. Even though his lips were cold and hard, they did warm you up completely. You grabbed onto his jacket, afraid your knees would collapse, but he had a tight grip on you. His hand had moved from your chin to the back of your neck, gently holding a handful of soft curls in them.
All too soon he moved away, his lips gently kissed down towards your bare neck, only to place a soft kiss there, moving upwards once more, leaving one final kiss behind your ear. A shiver of pleasure spread through you, while your eyes remained shut.
"My name is Demetri, my sweet (Y/N). Never forget it. I will come back for you. That I promise you." And with one final kiss on your lips he was gone, as if he was nothing more than a ghost, brought and taken from you abruptly.
You opened your eyes and watched into the darkness of the night. Heartbroken yet hopeful that he would keep his promise and take you with him next time he visits.