Prey

Word count: 313
Halloween imagine special
Trigger warning: blood and death

Running. That was all you knew at that moment. The adrenaline was coursing through your veins as your breath got heavier by the second.
It was a dark and starry night, the full moon shone brightly over the top of the trees. You barely could see where you were going, yet you managed to avoid different branches and rocks that were splattered around the forest floor.
Heavy paw steps could be heard from behind you. Heavy breathing coming from the creature as well. You didn't know why, but it chased you. Probably driven by hunger and the rush it gave to smell your fear.

You quickly turned around to take a glance at the smallish gray wolf. Its teeth were bared as it let out another growl. You quickly turned your head around and tried to keep track of your steps.
You soon however failed to see a root of a tree. Your foot got stuck underneath it and you fell down onto the hard forest floor.
You quickly turned around, only to find the gray wolf standing over you. Your heartbeat increased even further, and the wolf carefully let its nose wonder over your neck and chest, taking in the delicious scent of your fear. Soon the wolf turned its head up to the full moon and howled.

You tried to free your foot from the root while the wolf was occupied but to no avail. The wolf had noticed your attempt to flee and before you knew it, its long, sharp teeth where buried deeply in the flesh of your neck. You could taste your own blood on the back of your throat before it was ripped open, letting your blood flow freely. The wolf watched the light fade in your eyes as your blood dripped down from its mouth, a satisfied growl escaping its throat once your heartbeat ceased, forever.