Happy Birthday

Word count: 463

Immortal life. It was quite an odd thing to you still. Even though you had been changed nearly a decade ago, you weren't quite used to it. The days seemed to pass by much faster than before, and any knowledge and sense of time seemed to have disappeared. Day and night soon intertwined with each other and days and weeks seemed to be the same thing. Therefore, you hadn't noticed when a special day had arrived once more.

You were sitting in the library, reading another book from the huge collection it contained. Reading had become one of your main activities to kill the boredom that had slowly crept into your immortal life.
Your mate Heidi found you in your favourite spot near the window once more. It was your little hide away in between missions and while she was away to hunt for the coven's dinner. A small smile formed on her perfectly filled lips. The clicking of your mate's heels against the stone floors is what brought your attention away from the book in your hands. A smile made its way onto your lips as you pretended to not hear her. Heidi soon wrapped her arms around your shoulders and kissed the crook of your neck, the very same spot where she bit you over a decade ago. The bite that would change you forever, and the bite that would guarantee the two of you would never be separated again.
"Hello, my love. How did the fishing go?" you asked as you kissed the side of her head before returning your eyes onto the words in your book, however the meaning of the words where lost. Heidi's scent and presence distracted you greatly and you knew you would have to pick the book up at another time.
"It went rather well. Quite some clean humans, rare blood types." She said as she gently nibbled on your earlobe. You bit your lip and closed your eyes, letting the feeling of desire spread through you like a wildfire.
"Happy Birthday, my love." She whispered as she planted a sweet kiss on your sweet spot once more. You giggled softly, letting your head fall back slightly.
"Heidi, I haven't aged a day since a decade ag. I don't think celebrating my birthday matters anymore." You muttered as you pecked her lips gently.
"Nonsense. Every year with you is worth celebrating. So we are going out tonight." She said as she let go of your shoulders and made her way towards the door.
"Wear something sexy." She purred before walking out, swaying her hips while she did. You let out an unnecessary breath of air, and you knew if your heart had still been beating, it would be going over a 100 miles per hour.