The count

Word count: 1518
Halloween imagine special!
Trigger warning: blood and death

The castle seemed dangerous, yet the thought of warmth inside seemed more welcoming than the freezing cold weather outside. Snow was sticking to the ground, and your cloak and dress were drenched by it. You had been lost in the woods, abandoned by your family for refusing to marry a man you didn't love.

You reached the large, wooden doors and banged as hard as you could, almost all of your energy drained from the stroll through the forest. A door opened and a hunchback revealed himself.
"Yes?" he asked, frowning up at you.
"Please sir, let me inside for the night. I fear I will die if I remain out here." You pleaded. The hunchback looked you up and down and gave you a crooked smile that might have been pleasant if his face his been.
"Of course my dear. Come in." he said as he opened the door even more. A bright smile lit up your face as you walked in, welcoming the warmth of the shelter.
"I will show you to your room." The hunchback said as he walked up the grand staircase that stood towards the back of the large hallway. Your eyes slowly got used to the darkened surroundings as you slowly followed the hunchback. No words where uttered between the two of you. You slowly let your cloak fall back around you, no longer holding it close to your body for warmth. The hunchback opened a grand door leading into a beautiful bedroom made for a queen. The hunchback walked towards the fireplace and within minutes a very inviting warmth spread through the room and through your body.
"I will inform the count of your arrival, madam. Please make yourself comfortable." The hunchback said as he stumbled away, closing the door behind him. You unclasped your heavy cloak and laid it by the fire to let it dry. You yourself took a seat on the vintage sofa near the fire, letting the warmth of the flames warm your entire body. A small sigh of content left your lips as you slowly closed your eyes.

After a few moments of peace you reopened your eyes, only to find the hunchback's face mere inches away from yours. You heart leaped as you jumped up slightly.
"You frightened me, sir." You said as you placed a hand over your chest.
"My sincere apologies, madam. The count has requested your presence at dinner this evening. A new gown has been placed on the bed for you. I will retrieve you in an hour. The maids have prepared a bath for you as well." The hunchback said as he motioned to the now filled tub in the corner of the room. You frowned, you hadn't heard anyone walk in. It probably had been your exhaustion.
"Thank you, sir." You said once more. The hunchback smiled his crooked smile once more, made a small bow and walked out of the room, leaving you in silence.

You were looking at yourself in the mirror, the blood red ball gown flowed down your body beautifully, as the corset body was a tight fit. Your hair laid in soft curls over your shoulders and your eyes sparkled brightly along, finishing the look.
The bath had been wonderful, the smell of lavender filled the entire room and soon the scent was laced on your skin. The bath had warmed you completely, removing any trace of the cold weather from your veins.
A soft knock could be heard as the hunchback entered the room once more. You turned around facing him, the skirts of your gown flowing along with the movement.
"The count is ready for you, madam." He said as he held the door open for you. A small nod was all you gave him before leaving your room.

The hunchback closed the door behind you and lead you towards the dining room. The halls were eerily silent, and many portraits eyes seemed to follow your every move. But it must have been the mere shadows that fell over them that played a trick with your mind.
The hunchback soon opened another set of grand doors, revealing a beautiful dining room. Pieces of armour were standing proudly against the wall, in between the large windows where the moonlight shone through. Candles were lit all around and a warm fire was cackling in the middle of the room. A large table filled the middle of the room, fancy chairs surrounding it.
The table was set for two, and many delicious foods where displayed on golden platters. A man entered the room from the other side. His hair was blond and fell down to his shoulders, his skin was as pale as the snow that fell from the sky outside and he was very lean. A black cloak flowed behind him as he walked towards you. But probably the most peculiar thing about this man were his eyes. They were as red as blood. You were taken back this slightly, but a kind smile on his lips soon made these worries melt away.
"My lady, welcome. I have been waiting for you." He said as he gently took your hand in his. His touch was as cold as death itself, the grip firm. The man bowed down and gently placed his cold lips against the back of your hand. A small blush crept its way to your cheeks and the man looked up at you once more, his red eyes sparkling in anticipation.
"Please, feel free to sit down and have a meal with me." He said as he lead you towards the dining table. A servant pulled your chair out for you and the count gently placed you down in it.

Soon your glass was filled with an expensive wine and your plate was filled with the most delicious food. The count and you discussed many things, books, politics, fine wines. It was a very calming experience and one you wished could last forever. But alas, soon the plates were cleaned, even though the count had only drank some wine from his glass.
"You must excuse me, my lady, dessert will be served later. And alas, I have to leave you. I have a ball to host and the guests will soon arrive. Unless, unless you wished to accompany me to it? It would be my honour." He said as he held his hand out for you to take. You smiled brightly and gladly placed your warm hand in his cold embrace.
"I will be honoured to accompany you, my lord." You said, a small blush from the wine displayed on your cheeks.
"Excellent." The count said before helping you up from your seat. He gently placed your hand on his lower arm and walked you through the castle towards the ball room.

Music could be heard from outside the room andincreased in sound as the large doors opened. The room was already filled withmany people, everyone last one of them as handsome or beautiful as the counthimself. All were dressed in beautiful gowns and robes made of the finest silk.They all looked up and took a bow when the count and you ascended from thestairs. The count walked towards the middle of the room, keeping a tight gripon your hand.
The music slowly increased in speed as the count gently pulled you in front ofhim. He gently pulled your hair away, revealing your bare neck. The guestsinclined closer to the spectacle that was taking place in front of their eyes.
Your heartbeat increased in anticipation. This man had completely taken you bysurprise and you were ready to give your heart, body and soul. He slowly ranhis fingers down your exposed neck and held you close to him by his other. Youwatched him closely and waited impatiently for his next move. He pulled backslightly, opened his mouth before dipping down, pluming his teeth in your neck,ripping your arterial blood vessel. The crowd went wild at the smell of yourblood, but knew better than to go against their count. The count drank for awhile, making your body shake by the movements of your blood leaving your body.You were confused and hurt.
The count pulled away, leaving you alive, but just by a little bit. He droppedyour weakened body to the ground, a bloody smirk playing around his lips, hisred eyes brightened by the consummation of your blood.
"My dear guests. Dessert is served." He said. Your heart increased in fear oncemore before many of the guests jumped on top of you, biting down on manyplaces, fighting to get a drop of your blood on their system. The count satdown on a throne at the end of the room, watching in amusement as your lifeenergy got drained by each swallow of the vampires biting you. Slowly you lostyour consciousness and darkness was all you saw. Your heart beat its final beatand soon it was quiet. Silence and darkness for all eternity.