Size doesn't matter, buddy part 4

Word count: 1247

A bright yellow Porsche screamed to a stop a few feet in front of where Bella paced, the word TURBO scrawled in silver cursive across its back. Everyone beside Bella and Alice on the crowded airport sidewalk stared. "Hurry, you two!" you shouted impatiently through the open passenger window. Bella ran to the door and threw herself in, while Alice took a spot on the backseat. "Sheesh, (Y/N)," Bella complained. "Could you pick a more conspicuous car to steal?" The interior was black leather, and the windows were tinted dark. It felt safer inside, like night time. You were already weaving, too fast, through the thick airport traffic sliding through tiny spaces between the cars as Bella cringed and fumbled for her seat belt. "The important question," you corrected, "is whether I could have stolen a faster car, and I don't think so. I got lucky." You said smirking. "I'm sure that will be very comforting at the roadblock." Alice trilled a laugh. "Trust me, Bella. If anyone sets up a roadblock, it will be behind us." you hit the gas then, as if to prove your point.
"How did you get changed, (Y/N)." Bella asked suddenly, making you almost crash. "I'm sorry. I just really need some distraction right now." She apologised. You shook your head. "No, it is fine. I guess we all need some distraction, ehm." You started, bringing back the memories of your human life.
"I was born in 1917 in quite a wealthy family. I had everything my little heart could ever desire, but I was the lack sheep of the family. I was stronger than most of my brothers and cousins. I was almost as strong as my dad, whom had served in the army and was even called the friendly giant. He was a very large man with a lot of strength, even for a human. I am sure if he would have been a vampire he could have given Emmett and I a run for our money." You said chuckling, remembering the sweet man that was your father and how he would pick your mother and sisters up with ease.
"Even though I was the black sheep, my family loved me no matter what. The troubles started in when I went to school. It wasn't quite common for women to have education back in the day, but my parents were wealthy enough to send my sisters and I along with my brothers to school. We had a large family you see. With 4 boys and 3 girls. I was the youngest one and very much protected, that was until my brothers were also send into the army and my sisters all married. People thought I was a freak for being so strong with my height and everything. Men were intimidated by my strength and it made my parents feel frustrated that by the day of 21st birthday I still wasn't betrothed. So I ran away and joined the circus." You said chuckling darkly. You looked into the rear view mirror to see that Alice was still concentrating on the future.
"One night, some drunken man cornered me, not believing I was as strong as I claimed and beat me. I could hold them off for a short while, but five against one isn't a fair fight. One held me down by my arms while the leader beat me to a pulp and the rest were calling me names. I was barely breathing when they were done with me, and I had permanent damage to my hearing and sight, probably even a punctured lung by the feeling of it. That is when Carlisle found me. He was doing a routine check up on all the artist from the circus. The owner of the circus was a fair man and wanted only the best for his artist. Carlisle smelled the blood and rushed towards me. He held my hand and probably whispered something to me before biting down. The venom was even worse than the beating. The zinging fire that burned through my veins oh so slowly, it only made me wish for death." You said biting your lip, almost feeling the pain once more. You shook your head and gave Bella a small smirk. "I got my revenge, believe me. I will safe you the gory details. But I did make sure the wives and children of those men were taken care off. I send them money from time to time. And ever since then I have been living with Carlisle on and off. There have been moments were I lived as a nomad, feeding off other scum. Wanting, no, needing the taste of human blood. I am afraid I am not as strong as Carlisle or my sister Rosalie." You finished. Bella remained silence, processing what you just told her.

"Do you see anything more?" you asked Alice after a short while driving in silence through the landscapes of Italy. "There's something going on," Alice muttered. "Some kind of festival. The streets are full of people and red flags. What's the date today?" "The nineteenth, maybe?" Bella spoke. "Well, that's ironic. It's Saint Marcus Day." You muttered. "Which means?" Bella asked, earning her a dark chuckle from both Alice and you. "The city holds a celebration every year. As the legend goes, a Christian missionary, a Father Marcus, Marcus of the Volturi, in fact drove all the vampires from Volterra fifteen hundred years ago. The story claims he was martyred in Romania, still trying to drive away the vampire scourge. Of course that's nonsense he's never left the city. But that's where some of the superstitions about things like crosses and garlic come from. Father Marcus used them so successfully. And vampires don't trouble Volterra, so they must work." Your smile was sardonic. "It's become more of a celebration of the city, and recognition for the police force after all, Volterra is an amazingly safe city. The police get the credit." Alice said. "They're not going to be very happy if Edward messes things up for them on St. Marcus Day, are they?" Bella asked. Alice shook her head, her expression grim. "No. They'll act very quickly."
"He's still planning on noon?" Bella checked. "Yes. He's decided to wait. And they're waiting for him." "Tell me what I have to do." You kept your eyes on the winding road the needle on the speedometer was touching the far right on the dial. "You don't have to do anything. He just has to see you before he moves into the light. And he has to see you before he sees me or (Y/N)." Alice explained "How are we going to work that?" A small red car seemed to be racing backward as you zoomed around it. "I'm going to get you as close as possible, and then you're going to run in the direction Alice points you." You explained and Bella nodded. "Try not to trip," you added, smirking playfully. "We don't have time for a concussion today." Bella groaned in response.
"There," Alice said abruptly, pointing to the castle city atop the closest hill. Bella stared at it, fear in her eyes. You stared at the ancient sienna walls and towers crowning the peak of the steep hill, and felt a weird feeling in the pit of your stomache. Like something huge was about to happen. Something lifechanging.
"Welcome in Volterra, Bella" you announced in a flat, icy voice.