Size doesn't matter, buddy part 11 (Final Part)

Word count: 2341

And then Alice stepped away from you, forward toward Aro. The three of you turned to watch her. Her hand was raised like his. She didn't say anything, and Aro waved off his anxious guard as they moved to block her approach. Aro met her halfway, and took her hand with an eager, acquisitive glint in his eyes. He bent his head over their touching hands, his eyes closing as he concentrated. Alice was motionless, her face blank. You heard Edward's teeth snap together. No one moved. Aro seemed frozen over Alice's hand. The seconds passed and you grew more and more stressed, wondering how much time would pass before it was too much time. Before it meant something was wrong, more wrong than it already was.
Another agonizing moment passed, and then Aro's voice broke the silence. "Ha, ha, ha," he laughed, his head still bent forward. He looked up slowly, his eyes bright with excitement. "That was fascinating!" Alice smiled dryly. "I'm glad you enjoyed it." "To see the things you've seen especially the ones that haven't happened yet!" He shook his head in wonder. "But that will," she reminded him, voice calm. "Yes, yes, it's quite determined. Certainly there's no problem." Caius looked bitterly disappointed a feeling he seemed to share with Felix and Jane.
"Aro," Caius complained. "Dear Caius," Aro smiled. "Do not fret. Think of the possibilities! They do not join us today, but we can always hope for the future. Imagine the joy young Alice alone would bring to our little household! Besides, I'm so terribly curious to see how Bella turns out!" Aro seemed convinced. Did he not realize how subjective Alice's visions were? That she could make up her mind to transform Bella today, and then change it tomorrow? A million tiny decisions, her decisions and so many others', too Edward's could alter her path, and with that, the future.
"Then we are free to go now?" Edward asked in an even voice. "Yes, yes," Aro said pleasantly, signalling for Felix to let him go. Felix frowned before letting him go, moving quickly towards you again, taking the position from Alec holding your arm in his hand.
"But please visit again. It's been absolutely enthralling!" "And we will visit you as well," Caius promised, his eyes suddenly half-closed like the heavy-lidded gaze of a lizard. "To be sure that you follow through on your side. Where I you, I would not delay too long. We do not offer second chances." Edward's jaw clenched tight, but he nodded once. Caius smirked and drifted back to where Marcus still sat, unmoving and uninterested.
Felix groaned. "Ah, Felix." Aro smiled, amused. "Heidi will be here at any moment. Patience." "Hmm." Edward's voice had a new edge to it. "In that case, perhaps we'd better leave sooner rather than later." Felix's grip tightened a little on your arm.
"Yes," Aro agreed. "That's a good idea. Accidents do happen. Please wait below until after dark, though, if you don't mind." "Of course," Edward agreed. You groaned softly. You wanted to go home and forget this day. Even though that was impossible with a mind like yours.
"And here," Aro added, motioning to Felix with one finger. Felix came forward at once, letting go of your arm, and Aro unfastened the gray cloak the huge vampire wore, pulling from his shoulders. He tossed it to Edward. "Take this. You're a little conspicuous." Edward put the long cloak on, leaving the hood down. Aro sighed. "It suits you." Edward chuckled, but broke off suddenly, glancing over his shoulder. "Thank you, Aro. We'll wait below." "Goodbye, young friends," Aro said, his eyes bright as he stared in the same direction.
"Let's go," Edward said, urgent now. Demetri gestured that you should follow, and then set off the way you'd come in, the only exit by the look of things. Edward pulled Bella swiftly along beside him. Alice was close by her other side, her face hard. You walked behind them once again, not turning back as you could feel Felix's eyes bur on the back of your head. Soon you heard multiple heartbeats and cursed softly.
"Not fast enough," you muttered. Bella stared up at you, frightened. Soon the sound of babbling voices could be heard, loud, rough voices coming from the antechamber.
"Well this is unusual," a man's coarse voice boomed. "So medieval," an unpleasantly shrill, female voice gushed back. A large crowd was coming through the little door, filling the smaller stone chamber. Demetri motioned for you to make room. The four of you pressed back against the cold wall to let them pass. The couple in front, Americans from the sound of them, glanced around themselves with appraising eyes.
"Welcome, guests! Welcome to Volterra!" you could hear Aro sing from the big turret room. The rest of them, maybe forty or more, filed in after the couple. Some studied the setting like tourists. A few even snapped pictures. Others looked confused, as if the story that had led them to this room was not making sense anymore. You noticed one small, dark woman in particular. Around her neck was a rosary, and she gripped the cross tightly in one hand. She walked more slowly than the others, touching someone now and then and asking a question in an unfamiliar language. No one seemed to understand her, and her voice grew more panicked. Edward pulled Bella's face against his chest, but it was too late. It was clear that she already understood. As soon as the smallest break appeared, Edward pushed her quickly toward the door.
The ornate golden hallway was quiet, empty except for one gorgeous, statuesque woman. She stared at your group curiously, Bella in particular. "Welcome home, Heidi," Demetri greeted her from behind you. Heidi smiled absently. She reminded you of Rosalie, though they looked nothing alike, it was just that her beauty, too, was exceptional, unforgettable. You couldn't seem to look away. She was dressed to emphasize that beauty. Her amazingly long legs, darkened with tights, were exposed by the shortest of miniskirts. Her top was long-sleeved and high-necked, but extremely close-fitting, and constructed of red vinyl. Her long mahogany hair was lustrous, and her eyes were the strangest shade of violet, a colour that was the result from blue-tinted contacts over red irises.
"Demetri," she responded in a silky voice, her eyes flickering between Bella's face and Edward's gray cloak. "Nice fishing," Demetri complimented her. Ah, she was both the fisherman as well as the bait. "Thanks." She flashed a stunning smile. "Aren't you coming?" "In a minute. Save a few for me." Heidi nodded and ducked through the door with one last curious look at Bella. Edward set a pace that had Bella running to keep up. But you still couldn't get through the ornate door at the end of the hallway before the screaming started. The smell of human blood filled your nose and you quickly held your breath, your eyes turning black from the mere thought alone of that delicious ambrosia in your mouth, running down your throat and relieving the burning that never seemed to fully cease.

Demetri left your group in the cheerfully opulent reception area, where the woman Gianna was still at her post behind the polished counter. Bright, harmless music tinkled from hidden speakers. "Do not leave until dark," he warned us. Edward nodded, and Demetri hurried away.
Gianna did not seem at all surprised by the exchange, though she did eye Edward's borrowed cloak with shrewd speculation. "Are you all right?" Edward asked under his breath, too low for the human woman to hear. His voice was rough, still stressed by your situation. You knew your brother wouldn't relax until the group would leave the country.
"You'd better make her sit before she falls," Alice said, mentioning the shaking motion Bella was making at the moment. "She's going to pieces." Sobs were breaking from her chest in almost unnatural ways.
"Shh, Bella, shh," Edward said as he pulled her to the sofa farthest away from the curious human at the desk. "I think she's having hysterics. Maybe you should slap her," You suggested. Edward threw a frantic glance at you. "It's all right, you're safe, it's all right," he chanted again and again. He pulled her onto his lap and tucked the thick wool cloak around her, protecting her from his cold skin.
"All those people," she sobbed. "I know," he whispered. "It's so horrible." "Yes, it is. I wish you hadn't had to see that." she rested her head against his cold chest, using the thick cloak to wipe her eyes. She took a few deep breaths, trying to calm herself.
"Is there anything I can get you?" a voice asked politely. It was Gianna, leaning over Edward's shoulder with a look that was both concerned and yet still professional and detached at the same time. It didn't seem to bother her that her face was inches from a hostile vampire. She was either totally oblivious, or very good at her job.
"No," Edward answered coldly. She nodded, smiled at Bella, and then disappeared. "Does she know what's going on here?" Bella demanded as soon as the human was out of ears reach, her voice low and hoarse.
"Yes. She knows everything," Edward told her. "Does she know they're going to kill her someday?" "She's knows it's a possibility," he said. That clearly surprised her. Edward's face was hard to read. "She's hoping they'll decide to keep her." "She wants to be one of them?" He nodded once, his eyes sharp on Bella's face, watching her reaction. Bella shuddered. "How can she want that?" she whispered, more to herself than really looking for an answer. "How can she watch those people file through to that hideous room and want to be a part of that?" Edward didn't answer. His expression twisted in response to something she'd said.
"Oh, Edward," she cried, and she was sobbing again. Must be the stress. Humans are such weak beings after all. Things like this easily scares them. "What's wrong?" he asked, still anxious, rubbing her back with gentle pats, while glaring at you. Bella wrapped her arms around his neck.
"Is it really sick for me to be happy right now?" she asked. You grew tired of this scene playing in front of you and you decided to walk down the hallway a bit, away from the reunited couple, but still close enough to protect them if necessary. The screams in the throne room had ceased and it was eerily quiet now. You sighed softly and looked at a painting hanging on the wall, thinking about what had occurred inside there with Felix.
You heard him coming of course, yet you let him drag you into a different, empty hallway. Felix pushed you against a wall gently, blocking your path with his body, towering over you. You looked up at him, his burgundy eyes now ruby red from just feeding. "Nice fighting inside there, tesoro. I did not expect it from someone your size." He said as he toyed with a string of your hair. You smirked softly. "Size doesn't matter, buddy." Was all you said, earning you a chuckle. "Believe me, it does." He said before his face turned serious. "I want to see you again. May I? Per favore?" He whispered almost, looking into your eyes, which where slowly turning black from not feeding in a while. You bit your lip, unsure if seeing Felix would endanger your family. Felix saw the doubt in your eyes and gently cupped your cheek in his hand, stroking your bottom lip with his thumb, freeing it from your teeth. "I'm not sure..." You said trailing off. "Let me convince you then." He said as he gently placed his lips on yours again. The kiss was slow, yet the taste of human blood lingered on his lips. You groaned softly at the taste of him and the blood. You wrapped your arms around his neck and he hoisted you up against the wall, wrapping your legs around his waist. Soon your tongues where dancing around each other, and it took all of your self-control to pull away. "Per favore, amore mio?" He whispered against your lips. A small smirk played around your lips. "I would love that, Felix." You purred his name, making him shiver in delight.

"What was all that talk about singers?" You heard Alice ask as you walked back towards your family, your mind still slightly clouded from Felix's scent. "La tua cantante," Edward said. His voice made the words into music. "Yes, that," Alice said. "They have a name for someone who smells the way Bella does to me. They call her my singer, because her blood sings for me." Alice laughed.
After a while of talking you heard the light footsteps of what you assumed was Alec coming your way. Edward's arms tightened around Bella, and the three, he, Alice and you looked to the back of the room with wary eyes. Bella cringed into Edward's chest as Alec his eyes now a vivid ruby, but still spotless in his light gray suit despite the afternoon meal walked through the double doors. It was good news. "You're free to leave now," Alec told you, his tone so warm you'd think we were all lifelong friends. "We ask that you don't linger in the city." Edward made no answering pretence; his voice was ice cold. "That won't be a problem." Alec smiled, nodded, and disappeared again.
"Follow the right hallway around the corner to the first set of elevators," Gianna told you as Edward helped Bella to her feet. "The lobby is two floors down, and exits to the street. Goodbye, now," she added pleasantly. Alice shot her a dark look. "Let's just go home please." You said as you started walking away from the castle and the man whom slowly took a grip on your heart.