Ghost

Word count: 642
Halloween imagine special
Trigger warning: Blood and death

He was there once again. The ghost that has been haunting your dreams. The first time you saw him was about a month ago. He had been lurking in the corner of your room, watching you sleep. However, the minute he noticed you to be awake, he would be gone by the blink of your eyes. At first it had frightened you, but now it was as common as the creaking of the house itself. Every night he would watch you sleep, standing still as a statue in the corner.

But a chance had happened since last week. Slowly he had crept towards you, a bit closer every night. You had woken up from your dream and rolled over on your back, only to see the ghost leaning over you. His tall body stiff as a board, no expression on his face. His face was as white as a corpse, his hear neatly cut and he wore a black suit. Probably the one he wore when they buried him, you thought. However, the odd thing were his eyes. They were as red as blood.
Your heart leaped slightly at how close he was, and the ghost had heard this as his expressionless face changed into a wicked grin.

"Playtime is over, my dear. You have become quite boring." He said before crawling on top of you. You were confused at his words as well at his massive form. He wasn't transparent, like you always imagined a ghost to be. No. He was heavy as stone, and his body held yours pressed against your mattress.
Your heart beat increased significantly, fear coursing through your veins. The man's touch was as cold as ice, and his skin felt smooth, like it was made from marble. You whimpered and he quickly put his hand over your mouth, smothering the sound your throat tried to make to get your parents attention in the other room.
"Shh, little one. You don't want mommy and daddy to wake up, now do you?" he said, his voice taunting. Tears started to fill your eyes at the thought that this man, or creature would go after your parents as well, so you shook your head in defeat.

"Good girl." He muttered as his nose trailed up and down your throat, taking in the sweet scent of your blood. Venom pooled in his mouth and he could no longer contain himself. He had watched you for nights on end, building his hunger and desire for your blood, making it so much sweeter when the time was right to bite down and drink the sweet ambrosia that was your blood.
His patience had run out and he opened his mouth, ready for the final attack. You closed your eyes and prayed to whatever that he would make it quick, and that he would leave your parents alone.

Pain soon filled your body as his razor sharp teeth tore through your arterial blood vessel, blood flowing into his mouth and burning throat. A gasp left both your mouths. Yours was in pain and fear, his was in pleasure. He held your body close to him, trying to savour the moment and sweet taste of your blood, but at the same time eager to drink as much of it as possible.

You tried pushing him off, but to no avail. He didn't even notice your weak attempts to fight him off, and soon your attempts slowed down as your body grew weaker with every swallow he took. By now you had figured out the ghost in the corner of your room had been a vampire all along, waiting for the right moment to attack your throat and satisfy his needs.
Your arm fell down next to your body and darkness took over as you took your final breath and your heart its final beat.