Size doesn't matter, buddy part 3

Word count: 1180

"Alice," Bella finally said as you started packing all of the stuff. "Alice, we have to go." She touched Alice's arm. Her eyes came open very slowly. She shook her head from side to side for a moment. "Anything new?" you asked in a low voice, conscious of the man listening on the other side of the aisle. "Not exactly," she breathed in a soft voice. "He's getting closer. He's deciding how he's going to ask." you had to run for our connection, but that was good better than having to wait. As soon as the plane was in the air, Alice closed her eyes and slid back into the same stupor as before.
You were sitting at the window seat once more, making sure to occasionally move so the humans around you would not get suspicious of your still demeanour.
"Bella," Alice hissed, her voice a little too loud in the darkened cabin full of sleeping humans. "What's wrong?" Bella asked, looking at Alice's eyes while they gleamed in the dim light of a reading lamp in the row behind you. "It's not wrong." She smiled fiercely. "It's right. They're deliberating, but they've decided to tell him no." "The Volturi?" Bella muttered, groggy. "Of course, Bella, keep up. I can see what they're going to say." "Tell me."
An attendant tiptoed down the aisle to us. "Can I get you ladies a pillow?" His hushed whisper was a rebuke to your comparatively loud conversation. "No, thank you." Alice beamed at up at him, her smile shockingly lovely. The attendant's expression was dazed as he turned and stumbled his way back. You chuckled softly. Once again, humans. They see a pretty little thing and they are mesmerized.
"Tell me," Bella breathed almost silently. She whispered into Alice's ear. "They're interested in him they think his talent could be useful. They're going to offer him a place with them." "What will he say?" "I can't see that yet, but I'll bet it's colourful." She grinned again. "This is the first good news the first break. They're intrigued; they truly don't want to destroy him 'wasteful,' that's the word Aro will use and that may be enough to force him to get creative. The longer he spends on his plans, the better for us." You snorted slightly. Of course someone as power hungry as Aro would call it wasteful to kill of someone with a gift.
"Alice?" Bella asked. "What?" "I'm confused. How are you seeing this so clearly? And then other times, you see things far away things that don't happen?" Her eyes tightened. You zoned out. You knew how Alice's gift worked, sort off.
"You saw me become one of you." Bella barely mouthed the words. She sighed. "It was a possibility at the time." "At the time," Bella repeated. "Actually, Bella" She hesitated, wich made you make a choice. "Honestly, I think it's all gotten beyond ridiculous. I'm debating whether to just change you myself." You said, finally getting involved into the conversation. This was getting more ridiculous by the minute.
Bella stared at you, frozen with shock. "Did I scare you?" you wondered. "I thought that's what you wanted." "I do!" I gasped. "Oh, (Y/N), do it now! I could help you so much and I wouldn't slow you down. Bite me!" "Shh," Alice cautioned. The attendant was looking in our direction again. "Try to be reasonable," she whispered. "We don't have enough time. We have to get into Volterra tomorrow. You'd be writhing in pain for days." She made a face. "And I don't think the other passengers would react well." Bella bit her lip. "If you don't do it now, you'll change your mind." "No, I won't. I am already regretting putting that thought in your head." You muttered. Alice frowned, her expression unhappy. "I don't think it will be a smart idea. He'll be furious, but what will he be able to do about it?" You could hear Bella's heart beat increase. "Nothing at all." You snorted while Alice sighed. "You have too much faith in us, Bella. I'm not sure that either of us can. We'll probably just end up killing you." You said. "I'll take my chances." "You are so bizarre, even for a human." "Thanks." "It wasn't a compliment." "Oh well, this is purely hypothetical at this point, anyway. First we have to live through tomorrow." Alice interfered. "Good point." Bella finally agreed. You rolled your eyes and looked outside the window once more, getting more annoyed by the human sitting next to you by the minute.
"Go back to sleep," Alice encouraged Bella. "I'll wake you up when there's something new." "Right," Bella grumbled. Alice pulled her legs up on the seat, wrapping her arms around them and leaning her forehead against her knees. She rocked back and forth as she concentrated. Bella rested her head against the seat, watching her, and you snapped the shade closed against the faint brightening in the eastern sky. "What's happening?" Bella mumbled. "They've told him no," she said quietly. You noticed at once that her enthusiasm was gone. "What's he going to do?" you asked, your full directing your attention fully on Alice now. "It was chaotic at first. I was only getting flickers, he was changing plans so quickly." "What kinds of plans?" Bella pressed. "There was a bad hour," she whispered. "He'd decided to go hunting." She looked at Bella. "In the city," she explained. "It got very close. He changed his mind at the last minute." "He wouldn't want to disappoint Carlisle," you mumbled. "Probably," she agreed. "Will there be enough time?" Bella spoke as there was a shift in the cabin pressure. I could feel the plane angling downward. "I'm hoping so if he sticks to his latest decision, maybe." "What is that?" "He's going to keep it simple. He's just going to walk out into the sun." Just walk out into the sun. That was all. It would be enough. The Volturi couldn't possibly allow it. Not if they wanted to keep their city inconspicuous.
"We'll be too late," Bella whispered, panic shining through her voice. Alice shook her head. "Right now, he's leaning toward the melodramatic. He wants the biggest audience possible, so he'll choose the main plaza, under the clock tower. The walls are high there. He'll wait till the sun is exactly overhead." "Dramaqueen." You muttered so low that Bella could not hear you, but Alice did ofcourse. She gave you a small glare before returning her attention towards Bella. "So we have till noon?" Bella asked "If we're lucky. If he sticks with this decision." Alice said before the pilot came on over the intercom, announcing, first in French and then in English, your imminent landing. The seat belt lights dinged and flashed.
"How far is it from Florence to Volterra?" "That depends on how fast you drive Bella?" "Yes?" She eyed her speculatively, making you chuckle, knowing very well what Alice was about to ask. "How strongly are you opposed to grand theft auto?"