Little red riding hood

Word count: 209
Halloween imagine special
Trigger warning: blood

Red. It was in the colour of your little hood. The little red riding hood that was dancing around in the winter wind.

The wind was cold and harsh against your skin, yet you barely seemed to notice it at all. The sun was shining on the white snow and everything was peaceful.

Red. It was in the colour of the poppy's you were picking. Ones your mother would surely love.

A snap of a branch made you look up. A wolf, which was tall and gangly. Its fur was sandy coloured and it had oversized paws. You looked at it in confusion.
A small growl escaped its mouth and it crouched down. You turned around, the hood securely on your head. The wolf growled one last time as it sprinted forward, attacking you.

Red. It was the colour of blood. The blood that dripped down from the wolf's wounds. The blood that dripped down from your hands. It stained your little red riding hood, enriching the colour even further.

Another growl could be heard. You looked up at the other wolf whom had joined its packbrother. A small smile played around your lips as your hood slowly fell off.

Red. It was in the colour of your eyes.