Size doesn't matter, buddy part 10

Word count: 1208

Edward, Alice and you stiffened. This was the part you'd been waiting for. Bella began to tremble. "I don't suppose there's any chance that you've changed your mind?" Aro asked Edward hopefully. "Your talent would be an excellent addition to our little company." Edward hesitated. From the corner of your eye, you saw both Felix and Jane grimace. Edward seemed to weigh each word before he spoke it. "I'd rather not." "Alice?" Aro asked, still hopeful. "Would you perhaps be interested in joining with us?" "No, thank you," Alice said. "(Y/N)?" Aro's hopeful glance on you now. "I am sure Felix would love it if you would stay." He said, smiling knowingly at the vampire that was still holding you. "No, thank you." You said and you felt Felix's arms fall down slightly with disappointment. You bit your lip slightly, feeling the need to comfort the vampire behind you, but you fought against it. Your place was with your family, and not the Volturi.
"And you, Bella?" Aro raised his eyebrows. Edward hissed, low in her ears. Bella stared at Aro blankly. It was the white-haired Caius who broke the silence. "What?" he demanded of Aro; his voice, though no more than a whisper, was flat. "Caius, surely you see the potential," Aro chided him affectionately. "I haven't seen a prospective talent so promising since we found Jane and Alec. Can you imagine the possibilities when she is one of us?" Caius looked away with a caustic expression. Jane's eyes sparked with indignation at the comparison. Edward fumed beside Bella a rumble in his chest, building toward a growl could be heard.
"No, thank you," Bella spoke up in barely more than a whisper, her voice breaking in fright. Aro sighed. "That's unfortunate. Such a waste." Edward hissed. "Join or die, is that it? I suspected as much when we were brought to this room. So much for your laws." He sounded irate, but there was something deliberate about his delivery as if he'd chosen his words with great care. "Of course not." Aro blinked, astonished. "We were already convened here, Edward, awaiting Heidi's return. Not for you." "Aro," Caius hissed. "The law claims them." Edward glared at Caius. "How so?" he demanded. He must have known what Caius was thinking, but he seemed determined to make him speak it aloud. Caius pointed a skeletal finger at Bella. "She knows too much. You have exposed our secrets." His voice was papery thin, just like his skin. "There are a few humans in on your charade here, as well," Edward reminded him, and your thoughts went to the pretty receptionist below. Caius's face twisted into a new expression. Was it supposed to be a smiled.
"Yes," he agreed. "But when they are no longer useful to us, they will serve to sustain us. That is not your plan for this one. If she betrays our secrets, are you prepared to destroy her? I think not," he scoffed. "I wouldn't-," Bella began, still whispering. Caius silenced her with an icy look. "Nor do you intend to make her one of us," Caius continued. "Therefore, she is a vulnerability. Though it is true, for this, only her life is forfeit. You may leave if you wish." Edward bared his teeth. "That's what I thought," Caius said, with something akin to pleasure. Felix leaned forward, eager, his grip around your waist tightening slightly. He would happily kill off the two vampires and the human, but he also wanted to keep you safe.
"Unless-" Aro interrupted. He looked unhappy with the way the conversation had gone. "Unless you do intend to give her immortality?" Edward pursed his lips, hesitating for a moment before he answered. "And if I do?" Aro smiled, happy again. "Why, then you would be free to go home and give my regards to my friend Carlisle." His expression turned more hesitant. "But I'm afraid you would have to mean it." Aro raised his hand in front of him. Caius, who had begun to scowl furiously, relaxed. Edward's lips tightened into a fierce line. He stared into Bella's eyes, and she stared back. "Mean it," she whispered. "Please." She looked at him with an expression as if someone had kicked her in the stomach. Edward stared down at her with a tortured expression. He clearly could not mean it, and it almost made you growl in frustration. He was about to get you all killed, over something as idiotic as trying to save her soul. The girl had made up her mind, only he seemed to be the problem. You almost jumped out of Felix's grip to simply bite Bella yourself, but Felix kept you tightly against his chest. His lips moved towards your ear again. "Calmati, amore mio. Per favore."

"I already thought so." Aro said, pity in his voice, breaking the silence. He looked at the vampire that was still holding you close. "Felix?" Aro asked. Felix nodded, a smirk on his face as his red eyes focussed on Bella. "No!" Edward said before attacking Felix. Felix quickly took the overhand and was about to rip Edward's head off when you came back to your sensed. You growled slightly and jumped on top of Felix, pulling him away from your brother. Felix frowned and dodged every attack you threw at him, never once returning your attacks. That was until you tackled him to the ground, hand around his throat. A small smirk played around his lips. "I think I am in love." He muttered, only for your ears to hear. That took you completely off guard and Felix took his chance. He flipped you around, him on top of you now, his hand around your throat and he gently placed his lips on yours, stunning you completely. But soon your body betrayed you, your mind clouded by his scent and the gentle way his lips moved over yours. You kissed him back and slowly felt your arm wrap around his neck, earning you a small yet content purr from Felix. His hand slid from your throat towards the back of your neck, pulling your face even closer. The world around you two was completely forgotten in those seconds your lips collided. And you wanted this feeling for the rest of eternity.
A growl could be heard before Felix was being tackled down by Edward, leaving you on the ground completely flustered and embarrassed. Soon, you could hear Bella plead for Edwards life and you quickly jumped up, only for Alec to grab your arm, preventing you from interfering once more. "How extraordinary. You would give up your life, for someone like us? A vampire. A soulless monster." Aro said as he floated towards Bella.
You didn't pay attention to Aro, nor Bella. Your eyes were focused on the vampire holding your brother in a tight grip. You didn't know what to think anymore. That kiss had been amazing, and the feelings coursing through you told you to run up to that man and never let him go. But at the same time, this man was a threat, to you and your family. His red eyes where focused on you as well, a small smirk playing around his lips.